MAP34: Movement Base (Strife)
|Strife levels (32-34)|
MAP34: Movement Base is a level in Strife. It uses the music track "Danger". It is a slightly earlier, though nearly identical, version of MAP03: Front Base, and uses the working name of the resistance "movement" which eventually became the Front, which is still referenced in the commercial release by Macil in the game's introduction. In the original commercial release, this level cannot be completed due to missing resources, and displays a broken hall of mirrors effect if the exit switch is pressed. In the 2014 re-release as Strife: Veteran Edition, the level is both completable and displays an ending artwork screen.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
You enter this level standing on a teleport pad. Step forward to lower the wall, then turn left and right to find Macil standing on a raised platform. Talk to him and accept his offer to fight for the Movement.
When the conversation is over, turn round and head down the passage. At the end, pass between the crates to find a switch marked "EXIT". Press it to complete the demo.
There are no official secrets on this map.
- At the bottom of the barracks lift, there is a false wall to the north. Beyond it, there is another lift that was activated at the same time with the previous one. Either jump to the shaft of the new lift or wait for the floor to return up to send it down again. The other end of the shaft has a room with poison bolts and one to three medical kits depending on your skill level.
Of the demo maps, this map most closely resembles its final version. Differences include:
- The crate storage area at the "beginning" of the map is built differently. The secret area normally accessible from here does not exist, nor are there stairs which would lead back to Tarnhill. Pressing the line where the stairs would be gives a "This area is only available in the retail version of Strife" message.
- An S1 Exit Finale switch is present near the would-be stairwell which shows the credits and an ordering nag screen for Velocity. In the retail version, this ending is broken as the code for it was inexplicably removed from the retail executable, and a hall of mirrors effect appears instead.
- An exit back to Tarnhill does exist, but only reveals itself when the level is played in deathmatch. This switch is in an alcove in the crate area directly across from Macil, and does not exist in the final version of the map.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
This level contains eleven spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 54)
- facing east. (thing 55)
- facing east. (thing 56)
- facing north. (thing 57)
- facing east. (thing 58)
- facing west. (thing 59)
- facing east. (thing 60)
- facing north. (thing 61)
- facing west. (thing 62)
- facing north-east. (thing 63)
- facing west. (thing 76)