MAP40: Spelunking (2048 Unleashed)
|2048 Unleashed maps 33-40|
All Hope for Terror
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Take the shotgun, chaingun and armor in the starting area then head north to drop down a hole. Collect the red skull key ahead of you then go straight forward to find a satyr switch next to a super shotgun, which will open two closets behind you containing cacodemons as well as demons on Hurt Me Plenty (HMP) skill level and spectres on Ultra-Violence (UV) and Nightmare (NM). Enter the west alcove to find another switch next to a box of shotgun shells which will open four panels in the corners of the room and reveal zombiemen. If you go through the west walls you will drop into a cavern with one to three mancubi, and if you go through the east walls you will drop into a cavern with two revenants; either way, follow the cavern to a bloodfall which you can step into to be teleported back to the starting area.
Take the plasma gun that has appeared in the water then head south through a wooden panel which requires the red key to open and drop into the hole in front of you to land in a blood trench. From here you can go left or right to raise a bridge leading to the level exit.
- If you turn right you will see an armor in front of you. When you approach the armor the surrounding walls will lower, revealing an arch-vile in front of you and demons and shotgun guys on your left and right (as well as three chaingunners on UV and NM). Dispatch the monsters then head south to a bloodfall that will return you to the starting room.
- If you turn left you will enter an area with bookcases and chaingunners and one to three arch-viles. Follow the blood east until you reach an arch-vile guarding a bloodfall (as well as one or two chaingunners on HMP or higher) and step into it to return to the starting area.
Back in the starting area, go through the red key door again and cross the bridge in front of you to reach the exit.
Other points of interest
After passing through the red key door and dropping into the blood trench, turn left and walk through a narrow wall opening then turn right to see an armor.
- Press the switch at the north end of the map to reveal the side areas nearby, then go to the box of bullets in the east side area. Shoot the section of the east wall between two metal panels and you should lower into a secret with a supercharge and a megaarmor, as well as two lost souls. (sector 38)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on June 3, 2022.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 140)
- facing west. (thing 141)
- facing north. (thing 142)
- facing south. (thing 143)