MAP43: The Inmost Dens (PlayStation Doom)
|Console level navigator|
|◂||The Inmost Dens||▸|
MAP43: The Inmost Dens is the forty-third level of the PlayStation and Sega Saturn versions of Doom, and the thirteenth level of the Doom II episode. It is based on the original MAP14: The Inmost Dens, with modifications made to adapt the map to the consoles' limitations. The author of the original map is American McGee.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Comparison of versions
- 3 Areas / screenshots
- 4 Music
- 5 Deathmatch
- 6 Statistics
- 7 Technical information
- 8 Inspiration and development
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Navigation
Other points of interest
There are no official secrets on this map.
Comparison of versions
Numerous changes were made to this level compared to the PC version.
- Most staircases have fewer steps, in keeping with other levels in PSX Doom.
- The elevators in the water trenches were given simpler shapes.
- The ceilings of several archways were flattened.
- The buildings on the west and east sides of the map have fewer windows, along with the corridor leading to the blue door.
- The number of blocking pillars used in different areas of the map, like those next to the red door, was reduced.
- The stepped wall south of the start point has fewer steps.
- The oval structure in front of the exit door was altered to use fewer sectors.
- The arch-vile that appears in front of the south-western building on Hurt Me Plenty and Ultra-Violence skill levels is absent. A meat hook decoration is placed near the blue skull key instead, but it only appears on those skill levels.
- The arachnotron that protects the soulsphere in the room south of the central building on Hurt Me Plenty and Ultra-Violence skill levels is replaced with a nightmare spectre on those skill levels.
Areas / screenshots
The map uses the following music tracks:
|Sony PlayStation||"Beyond Fear"||Aubrey Hodges||See PlayStation Doom music.|
|Sega Saturn||"Breath Of Horror"||Aubrey Hodges||See Saturn Doom music.|
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 6)
- facing east. (thing 7)
- facing east. (thing 8)
- facing north. (thing 9)
- facing north. (thing 13)
- facing south. (thing 19)
- facing east. (thing 129)