MAP44: Lost and Found (2048 Unleashed)
|2048 Unleashed maps 41-49|
All Hope for Terror
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
You start in the north-east corner of the level and must reach the south-west area to find the red skull key. Walk past the imps in front of you to reach a supercharge and an armor, then turn left and head straight forward over a couple of blood pools until you see a green stone building on your left. Head round to the west side of this building (you may have to push past an arachnotron blocking the way) to find some steps leading down to an enclosed area with cacodemons and shotgun guys. The red key is sitting on a white teleporter pad - go round to its east side to collect the key, killing two spectres that are revealed as you approach.
Go back up the steps and look north to see a brick structure guarded by various monsters, mainly zombiemen and chaingunners. Climb up the brick steps and follow the walkway to a red skull bar, open it and kill the Hell knight blocking the path then step forward into a building containing several imps. Go down the steps and press the satyr switch at the bottom, kill the two revenants that are revealed behind you (plus spectres on Hurt Me Plenty skill level or higher) then head back to the large blood pool south of the start point. There is a dark arrow in the pool pointing at a set of steps - climb them and turn right to see that the door into the building ahead has opened. Kill an arch-vile and spectres waiting behind the door then flip the computer skull switch behind them.
Leave the building to see that a dark arrow has appeared on the floor outside pointing south - follow it to a trail of arrows that will lead you to the south-west corner of the level. A set of bars in a blood pool has lowered - kill the arch-vile that has appeared here, collect the rocket launcher then step past the bars to finish the level.
Other points of interest
A super shotgun can be found on the north side of the marble building near the start point. Approaching it will cause one or two cacodemons to teleport into the nearby blood pool.
- Glide behind the wooden boxes in the south-east corner of the level to find a berserk pack. (sector 131)
- East of the structure with the red key is a ledge with two backpacks, clips and stacks of shotgun shells. Look north-east through the fence by this ledge to see a gargoyle switch, then shoot it to lower the ledge and reach the items. (sector 83)
- The south-west corner of the level is slightly brighter than the surrounding area. Step into it to reach a hidden passage with health and armor bonuses. (sector 11)
- You can get on top of the teleporter holding the red key by straferunning from the stairs next to it. This will send you to a ledge with an armor. (sector 54)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 9)
- facing north-east. (thing 265)
- facing east. (thing 266)
- facing west. (thing 267)