MAP45: Tenements (PlayStation Doom)
|Console level navigator|
MAP45: Tenements is the forty-fifth level of the PlayStation and Sega Saturn versions of Doom, and the fifteenth level of the Doom II episode. It is based on the original MAP17: Tenements, with modifications made to adapt the map to the consoles' limitations. The author of the original map is John Romero.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Comparison of versions
- 3 Areas / screenshots
- 4 Music
- 5 Deathmatch
- 6 Statistics
- 7 Technical information
- 8 Inspiration and development
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Navigation
Other points of interest
- (sector 78)
- (sector 112)
- Trapped in walls inside the fenced chamber to the west of the starting area, two imps (things 14 and 15) cannot be killed on UV difficulty resulting in inability to reach 100% kills toward the level's end.
- In the blood room to the west of the starting area's junction where the red skull key is found, eight textures (linedefs 221-224, 226, 227, 229 and 230) on the white rock bridge have improper offsets appearing distorted and inverted.
- In the north-western room with the translucent cacodemon cage (formerly an arch-vile cage in the original PC-version), some walls (namely linedefs 859, 860, 861, 862 and 876) appear slightly stretched due to a large height of the whole room.
- Because the aforementioned translucency of any visible thing in the game is consistent for spectres only, the applied blend mask effect performed on the cacodemon in the cage (thing 435) was by a strong likelyhood not meant to be done deliberately, and therefore considered a bug.
Comparison of versions
Areas / screenshots
The map uses the following music tracks:
|Sony PlayStation||"Corrupted Core"||Aubrey Hodges||See PlayStation Doom music.|
|Sega Saturn||"Beyond Fear"||Aubrey Hodges||See Saturn Doom music.|
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 398)
- facing east. (thing 399)
- facing north. (thing 400)
- facing east. (thing 401)
- facing east. (thing 402)
- facing east. (thing 403)
- facing west. (thing 404)