MAP58: The Mansion (PlayStation Doom)
|Jaguar, 3DO and GBA Doom maps|
|PlayStation and Saturn Doom maps|
|Xbox Doom maps|
MAP58: The Mansion is a secret map that appears in the Doom II episode of the PlayStation and Saturn versions of Doom, which can be accessed from MAP44: Suburbs. It was designed by Tim Heydelaar and is built as a huge, house-like structure befitting the level's name, containing multiple hidden and closed-off areas and plentiful enemies.
The player can access the third hidden stage, MAP59: Club Doom from here.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Music
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Navigation
Other points of interest
- As you pass through the blue key door, as you turn on the first left there's a hidden door, open it to reveal five stimpacks. (sector 164)
- Of all of the corners of the rising teleporters. one of them adjacent to the one at the bottom lowers to reveal a switch, quickly hit this, then backstep into the teleporter, fall off the ledge leading into the exit room, turn right and run into the dark room (sector 67) where you'll enter a secret room (sector 63) with a teleporter to take you into the room where the blue key pillar is and a switch, this is the exit to the secret level Club Doom.
- See secret #2.
- At the back of the cage containing the Hell knight, open it to reveal an armor. (sector 37)
- Down the corridor leading to the ledge where the exit is, there is a green torch, activate it and a elevator lowers to reveal a rocket lined passage. (sector 147) At the end there are two alcoves containing a chainsaw and megaarmor. You may need to continuously go into the Chainsaw alcove and then flick the switch to reveal another passage leading up to the corridor to the right of the ledge.
- There is more than one lowering pillar, another two of them contain a plasma gun and a berserk, use the automap to reveal them, they should have a yellow line on them.
- On the ledge where the door leading into the Hell knight cage room go the furthest end of the bookshelves and open it, a switch is flicked and a passage is revealed to a teleporter, which takes you to the rising teleporter room.
Areas / screenshots
The map uses the following music tracks:
|Sony PlayStation||"In The Grip Of Madness"||Aubrey Hodges||See PlayStation Doom music.|
|Sega Saturn||"Sanity's Edge"||Aubrey Hodges||See Saturn Doom music.|
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 174)
- facing west. (thing 175)
- facing west. (thing 176)
- facing east. (thing 177)
- facing north. (thing 178)
- facing east. (thing 179)
- facing west. (thing 180)