|Doom Eternal missions|
|The Ancient Gods, Part One|
|The Ancient Gods, Part Two|
Mars Core is the seventh level of Doom Eternal. After learning from Samuel Hayden that Deag Grav, the final Hell priest, is on Sentinel Prime, the Doom Slayer must proceed to Mars to locate a trans-dimensional gateway to Sentinel Prime, hidden in the planet's core within the lost Night Sentinel city of Hebeth. As conventional travel would take too long, the Slayer travels to Phobos to gain access to its BFG-10000 orbital defense system and blast a hole in Mars directly to the core.
A shortened version of the first half of Mars Core was the second level of Doom Eternal to be displayed to the public in the BE3 reveal on June 10, 2018.
The noticeable differences from the reveal to the final product includes the following:
- The player takes control of the Slayer before walking inside the elevator, as opposed to starting inside the elevator in the final version.
- The PA system inside the Phobos outpost has a different voice actor.
- The exclusion of the green cracks before exiting out of a vent during the reveal.
- The exclusion of the UAC Spokesperson hologram before exiting outside.
- The exclusion of a 1-Up outside.
- The exclusion of Samuel Hayden and VEGA throughout the level, presumably to avoid spoilers.
- The exclusion of the Doom hunter and dread knights near the BFG-10000.
- The exclusion of the chaingun throughout the level, likely being developed at that time. The final version introduces the chaingun as a mandatory pickup in Super Gore Nest to advance the level, although the part of the level itself was not seen at that time, further supporting the theory.
- The main entrance to the BFG-10000 is accessible in the reveal, which contains an arch-vile. The Slayer pulls out and swings his Crucible blade in a cinematic, after which the reveal ended. In the final version, however, the main entrance is inaccessible and a maintenance hatch underneath is taken instead. Both the arch-vile and the crucible blade are introduced later, on Taras Nabad.
- Development resources and developer-only portions of the level refer to the final Martian core area of the level as "Hell," and indeed, various infernal influences seem to be present in that location in the form of torrents of lava and other small objects which do not obey normal gravity, and a whispering voice that can be heard on the wind when the Slayer first lands his escape pod. This seems to indicate that the nature of the curse on the area is demonic in origin and has lingered on since the fall of the city.
|Levels from Doom Eternal|
|Single player:||Hell on Earth • Exultia • Cultist Base • Doom Hunter Base • Super Gore Nest • ARC Complex • Mars Core • Sentinel Prime • Taras Nabad • Nekravol • Nekravol - Part II • Urdak • Final Sin • Fortress of Doom|
|Multiplayer:||Armageddon • Celestial • Corrosion • Extraction • Forsaken • Penance • Torment • Tundra|
|Ancient Gods 1:||UAC Atlantica Facility • The Blood Swamps • The Holt • ARC Carrier|
|Ancient Gods 2:||The World Spear • Reclaimed Earth • Immora • The Dark Lord|