Maze - BIG IS BEAUTIFUL
|Maze - BIG IS BEAUTIFUL|
|Add a screenshot and caption|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- The southern wall of the start room is slightly darker than the rest - this is a secret lift that can be activated by pressing the section of wall to its left (this section is marked with a slightly different texture). The lift leads up to a room with two shotgun guys and an imp (latter not present on easy skill, plus a chaingun and a box of bullets. (sector 3)
- The cage in #1 with the hanging body counts as a secret but is impossible to enter. (sector 4)
- The south-western arm of #1 contains a teleporter to an area to the north of the maze containing a shotgun guy and two stimpacks. (sector 5)
- In the north-west of the maze is a section of fake wall leading to an area with some monsters, two medikits, some ammo (not on easy skill), a backpack (hard skill only), and a staircase leading to the upper level of the maze. (sector 25)
As one secret (#2 above) cannot be obtained, the maximum obtainable secret percentage is 75%.
Part of the upper level of the maze (west of the exit) is detached from the rest, completely surrounded by the ceiling of the lower level. As a result, it is impossible to enter this section, and impossible to kill the imp (thing 65) in it, making 100% kills impossible.
Another imp (thing 105) on the upper level of the maze is also very hard to kill as his area is inaccessible.
The blue door leading to the exit room is only a single linedef, meaning that it is possible to enter the exit room without the key. If the blue key has been obtained, pressing the northern side of this linedef will cause most of the lower level of the maze to open and then close as a door; when neither the player nor any remaining monsters are alive on the lower level, it will shut off and become permanently inaccessible.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are: