Monorail Skybridge: Facility Transport
|Doom 3 maps|
|Map name: game/recycling1|
Monorail Skybridge: Facility Transport is the twelfth level of Doom 3. This is where trash is processed in the UAC. The player is supposed to simply cross the Skybridge to reach the Monorail, but in a stunning move, Betruger makes the bridge crash, and thus, the player must go through Recycling - Sector 1. The Revenant is introduced in a cutscene, and this is the only level with toxic waste pools, in which the player has to fix a leaking pipe in order to move on in the level. The Rocket Launcher is found here.
Note: This level is also called Recycling - Sector 1.
As soon as the marine tries to cross the bridge to the monorail, it is crashed by a demonic force, and the marine has to quickly access a nearby airlock, after which he finds themself in the first sector of the recycling plant. The marine makes his way through the corridors, eventually reaching a large room where he is introduced to the new monster - revenants. Then he rides the elevator to a lower level which contains various maintenance facilities, eventually reaching a room where, due to a broken pump, the toxic waste blocked the path. To remove it, the marine needs to go to the central processing room, climb the ladder up and find the console that can be reached by walking along the pipes to the platform it's on.
After shutting down the broken pump, the marine proceeds further through more corridors, a cavern-like tunnel and a large room with floor covered entirely in toxic waste, but with a zig-zagged path across it. The marine finds an airlock and has to go through another surface area. In it, the marine has to quickly run to a small storage building, jump on some boxes and reach the catwalk which leads to another airlock, which in turn leads to the sector 2 of recycling.
- Broken pump
- Find the pump control panel to shut down the malfunctioning pump
- Nick Sadowayj: Central Maintenance, on the console which is used to extend service ladder.
- Anthony Garza: In Toxic Disposal Maintenance.
- Maintenance Safety Video. Found in Central Maintenance.
The enemy count on Nightmare is the same as on Veteran. The only difference in enemy amount in BFG Edition is the removal of a single imp from the level.
The item count on Nightmare is the same as on Veteran, except the med kits are absent. There are no changes in the amount of items in the BFG Edition.
|Med kit (small)||3||2|
|Med kit (large)||16||15||14|
There are also three health stations on the level, each has 100 health in reserve.
If the player starts the level via a console command, they will start with these items:
- At the very start of the level when the bridge collapses, to the immediate left there's an angled ledge with some items on top of it (and an oxygen tank lying at the bottom of it). In the same surface area, if the player goes along the wall to the right of the airlock they need to access, they will reach a corner with a hidden security armor there.
- On the original Xbox version of the game the surface areas of the level were cut out.
- After the player descends the elevator to Elevator Access Basement, they will have to fight one or two revenants. If the player retreats back to elevator during the fight an additional imp will spawn.