|Add a screenshot and caption|
Neith is a single player map for Doom, compatible with vanilla Doom. The map was created by Owen Lloyd (Sarge Baldy) and features textures by Nick Baker (NiGHTMARE) as well as the level's author. A UV max demo by Drew DeVore (stx-Vile) is also included, replacing the demo of E1M5. The WAD was released on 3 January 2004.
The name of the map refers to the hypothetical moon Neith once believed to orbit Venus. The map's tongue-in-cheek story states that even the fictionality of the moon was not enough to deter UAC from colonizing it.
Reception to the wad was largely positive. Mapping luminary John Anderson (Dr. Sleep) described it as "the finest DOOM level I've seen in quite some time", while Mike Watson (Cyb) said it was "excellent" and "well worth the price of admission".
The map's gameplay is unique in its focus on the fists as a weapon, with ammunition for other weapons scarce. It is therefore convenient that the map is largely populated by demons and spectres. Neith was followed by a sequel, Under Neith, released in 2005.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
- 12 References
Other points of interest
- At the start of the nukage tunnel, there is an inset in the northeast wall bordered by rusted metal. This is a secret door that leads to 8 shells, a medikit, a backpack and a radiation shielding suit. (sector 135)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV max||04:18||Eric Baker (The Green Herring)||2010-01-18||neth-418.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on October 14, 2016.
This level contains twelve spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 172)
- facing north-west. (thing 173)
- facing south. (thing 174)
- facing west. (thing 175)
- facing north-west. (thing 176)
- facing east. (thing 177)
- facing west. (thing 178)
- facing south. (thing 179)
- facing north-west. (thing 180)
- facing east. (thing 181)
- facing west. (thing 182)
- facing west. (thing 183)
Inspiration and development
- Anderson, John. DOOM Apothecary - AddOn Levels: DOOM/Ultimate DOOM (archived 🏛). 2004. Retrieved 2016-10-14.
- Watson, Mike. Doomworld. 2004-01-11. Retrieved 2016-10-14. at