|Developer(s)||Alan Ruzich (Alaux)|
|Initial release||1.0.0 (2021-09-07, 18 months ago)|
|Latest release||1.12.0 (2023-01-04, 2 months ago)|
|License||GNU General Public License v2+|
|Website||Doomworld forums thread|
Nugget Doom is a source port forked from Woof! by Alan Ruzich, alias Alaux. It seeks to include additional quality-of-life improvements over its parent port, primarily taken from Crispy Doom. Aside these improvements, it maintains a high level of similarity with Woof!.
Nugget Doom started life as a PWAD for Vanilla Doom called Ramm, a megawad in progress utilizing a DeHacked patch to change monsters and weapons. By way of experimenting, the author decided to replicate the functionality of the patch into a fork of the Crispy Doom source code in order to turn Ramm into a standalone game. This fork was called IRamm, with the I standing for Internal as in IWAD.
Later the decision was made to turn IRamm into a more general fork, calling it Nugget Doom in the process. Ruzich attempted to implement Boom and MBF support to this fork before realizing it would be better off to use a codebase that already had support for the features of these ports. Thus the Woof!-based and current version of Nugget Doom was made. The Crispy fork got rebranded, as Nugget Doom LR with LR standing for Limit-Removing.
Both IRamm and Nugget Doom LR have been discontinued, but are available for download.
- All features from Woof:
- MBF21, DSDHacked and DEHEXTRA support
- UMAPINFO support
- Playback of vanilla Doom demos has been vastly improved.
- Support for the Doom 3: BFG Edition IWAD files.
- Support for the Freedoom IWAD files.
- The following features from Crispy Doom (inspired by or ported over):
- Minimalistic HUD (partially implemented);
- Resurrect from savegame (Run key + Use key);
- "Things move over/under things" setting;
- Jumping (default key: Alt, must be enabled first);
- Disable Background setting, to disable the background on setup screens and dynamic Help screen
- Extra Gibbing setting to force berserk fist, chainsaw and SSG gibbing
- Crouching/ducking (default key: C, must be enabled first)
- One-Key Quick Save/Load setting: skips the confirmation prompt
- Disable Horizontal Autoaim setting
- View Height setting: allows to enter a custom height value between 8 and 56 for the player's POV (default is 41, the original)
- New cheats
- New Doom compatibility settings (some adapted from Crispy Doom fixes)
- Ruzich came up with the name Nugget Doom literally after eating a chicken nugget.
- A nugget is regarded as having a crisp bite, a reference to the port it was based upon (Crispy Doom). The current logo reflects this.
- Doomworld thread
- Latest Nugget Doom release, hosted by GitHub
- Nugget Doom LR 0.4.5 binaries, hosted by GitHub
- Nugget Doom LR 0.4.4 binaries, hosted by GitHub
- Nugget Doom LR 0.4.3 binaries, hosted by GitHub
- Nugget Doom LR 0.4.2 binaries, hosted by GitHub
- Nugget Doom LR 0.4.1 binaries, hosted by GitHub
- Nugget Doom LR 0.4.0 binaries, hosted by GitHub
- Nugget Doom LR 0.3.13 binaries, hosted by GitHub
- IRamm 0.3.12 binaries, hosted by GitHub
- IRamm 0.3.11 binaries, hosted by GitHub
|Source code genealogy|
|Based on||Name||Base for|