|Author||The Innocent Crew|
|This mod was one of the ten 1995 mods to feature in the Top 100 WADs of All Time on Doomworld!|
|1994 - 1995 - 1996 - 1997 - 1998|
1999 - 2000 - 2001 - 2002 - 2003
Obituary is a 1995 Doom II megawad by The Innocent Crew. It contains 17 new single player levels, three new monsters via a DeHackEd patch, some new graphics, and an optional weapon patch which replaces four weapons. Two new deathmatch maps are included as well.
- MAP01: Entrance
- MAP02: The Cataract
- MAP03: Chambers of Confusion
- MAP04: The Church
- MAP05: The Hidden Below
- MAP06: Reactor
- MAP07: Slaughter Until Death
- MAP08: Observation Station
- MAP09: Nuclear Research Base
- MAP10: The Stand
- MAP11: Incubator of Chaos
- MAP12: Biochemical Factory
- MAP13: Pandemonium II
- MAP14: Halls of the Requiem
- MAP15: Castle of Damnation (Exit to secret level)
- MAP16: Conclusion
- MAP31: Divine Inferno (Secret level)
There are three new monsters in Obituary:
- The "Harder Imp" looks identical to the standard Imp, but moves faster and shoots green fireballs. It replaces the Hell knight and has 60 hit points.
- The "Bazooka Man" is a former human wielding a powerful rocket launcher. While the damage he deals is high, his health is comparable to the shotgun guy's. He often happens to kill himself in cramped spaces with the splash damage of his own rockets. He replaces the imp and has 50 hit points.
- The third new enemy is described as the "hightech guy" in the manual. He moves very fast, fires dual-wielded machineguns and wears full body armor with an integrated cloaking device that can render him semi-invisible. He replaces the Wolfenstein SS and has 60 hit points.
Lastly, the Commander Keen sprites have been replaced by a mutilated player but its behavior remains unchanged.
The optional weapon patch replaces the players fist with a kick attack, implementing new graphics for the Doom marines boots. Instead of the pistol, the player starts with dual wielded pistols with a higher rate of fire. The plasma gun is replaced by a flamethrower with very high damage in close combat, but limited range. It uses the standard energy cells as ammunition. The ultimate weapon is the Sonic P300 Booster, a powerful sonic weapon replacing the BFG9000.
Installing Obituary requires the use of TiC's tool, NWT. However, this is not a straightforward task. The DSDA has a pre-built version included in their copy of the package, found in the "fixed" folder.