|Codebase||Doom Legacy 1.42|
|Developer(s)||Kgsws, Duke, Sunray, Six-Shoota|
|Initial release||r1 (2008-06-18, 13 years ago)|
|Latest release||r4.01 (2014-05-15, 7 years ago)|
|Target Platform||PlayStation Portable|
|Available in||English (United States)|
|License||GNU General Public License v2+|
PSP Legacy is a source port for the Sony PlayStation Portable, originally created by Kgsws. It was initially based on Doom Legacy 1.42 but has since had many bugs fixed and most Legacy features added, including a few new and unusual features, such as hardware accelerated rendering.
The first release, better known as simply r1, was on June 18, 2008. Using only software rendering, performance at native resolution was not optimal and required the 333 Mhz standard that Sony would activate in 2008 (previous PSP apps ran at 222 Mhz). Multiplayer was supported through a menu, and The Ultimate Doom, Doom II, TNT, Plutonia and Heretic were supported. A second release followed on September 2, 2009. A major release, This version brought in hardware accelerated rendering through LibGU, an API which has similarities with OpenGL to give the port features like filtering and dynamic lights. It also fixed several bugs. This was to be the last version made by Kgsws.
After Kgsws left the port dormant in 2009, it was picked up by another developer called Duke who released version 3 on June 19, 2010. A major release, it brought in music support through MP3 files, volume sliders, a cheat menu and a reorganized HUD. It also fixed a significant amount of bugs. This was, however, to be the only release made by Duke, leaving the port dormant once more.
A new developer called Sunray picked up where Duke left off and released version 4.0 on March 12, 2011. The automap rendering was fixed and the amount of sound channels were increased, along with optimized sound mixing code. Several other bugs were fixed as well. After this release, the port went once again dormant, this time for a significant amount of time. One more release followed with yet another developer at the helm. Six-Shoota released version 4.01 on May 15, 2014, which primarily brought forth new bug fixes in TNT and Doom II.
- All features from Legacy 1.42
- Support for Doom, Doom II, Heretic
- Hardware acceleration through LibGU, an API which has similarities with OpenGL based on Doom Legacy's OpenGL renderer
- Music is playable as MP3s
- Ad-hoc multiplayer support for up to 4 players
- Ability to use up to 5 PWAD or DeHackEd files at one time
- PSP Legacy r4.01 binary and source code, hosted by DRD Team
- PSP Legacy r4 binary and source code, hosted by DRD Team
- PSP Legacy r3 binary and source code, hosted by DRD Team
- PSP Legacy r2 binary and source code, hosted by DRD Team
- PSP Legacy r1 binary, hosted by DRD Team
|Source code genealogy|
Doom Legacy 1.42
|PSP Legacy|| Base for|