Pandemonium (Doom 2016)
|Doom (2016) classic levels
Pandemonium is a classic level from Doom (2016). It is a recreation of Doom's E3M3: Pandemonium that includes enemies from the later game, but retains the original game's pickup and decoration sprites. Although the original level used the music track "Deep Into The Code," the recreation uses "Sign of Evil" instead.
This level is unlocked after finding a part of it hidden in the Argent D'Nur stage. Once unlocked, the full level can be played from the "Classic Maps" tab in the Campaign menu.
Head forward until you see some stairs (noting the pinky on your left) and go up them to a wooden area with three imps. There are two staircases at the back of this area - go up the right-hand staircase and turn right at the top, follow the path until an elevator takes you down to the floor below then turn right to find some steps leading down to a silver chamber containing the blue skull key. Take the key then go back up the steps and check the left-hand wall for an eye switch that will raise the floor below you and take you up to a blue megaarmor pickup.
Drop back into the wooden area and go up the left-hand staircase this time, then turn right at the top and follow the path until you can drop down to a gray floor with two medikits - avoid stepping on the blood here as it is highly damaging. Turn left to go down a couple of steps then right to enter a cement room with a cacodemon, another pinky and some imps. To your right is a cross-shaped metal doorway; go through it and turn left to find a staircase leading up to a couple of imps, then turn right to see a door with blue skull markings on it. Go through this door to find several imps guarding the exit door, then open this door and step on the white teleporter pad to finish the level.
Other points of interest
Press the skull switch at the back of the wooden area to lower a column with a shotgun on it.
- From the start, hang right then turn left into a hall with several lion-faced walls. Between the last two on the right is a dark hidden hallway leading to a secret area.
- From secret #1, cross the bridge and follow the path past a pinky to a lava-filled cavern then kill a cacodemon blocking your way to the next room. Jump over the pit (which holds another pinky) to reach a room with a rocket launcher, a backpack, green and blue armor pickups and other supplies. The tunnel leading away from this room will lead you to a berserk pack.
- At the end of the lion-faced hall is a green room guarded by a Hell knight. The path splits off in two at this point; take the left path to drop into a nukage pool and turn right to find a chaingun.
- Once you have reached the cement-walled room with two balconies overlooking it, follow the narrow hall next to the fenced-in balcony. Go down the curved staircase to the right to find an imp guarding an invulnerability pickup that will help you reach the next secret safely, then go back up the stairs and climb the steps in front of you before turning right to enter a blood/lava pool. A supercharge (AKA mega health) and a BFG-9000 can be found in this area, guarded by a lost soul and a possessed security.
- In the outdoor area with the blue door at the far end of the level, there is a raised platform in the center of the room resembling an altar. Walk around to the back and step on the brown floor; a wall across the way and to the right will open up, revealing shotgun shells and two medikits.
- Similar to secret #5, but on the opposite side of the entrance to the area. This wall must be opened manually by getting close to it, revealing a pinky guarding a box of bullets and two stimpacks.
- The flesh columns on the far side of the level do not scroll. This is consistent with other animated objects and textures, which are missing their animations in the classic levels.
|Levels from Doom (2016)
|Site 03 • Resource Operations • Foundry • Argent Facility • Argent Energy Tower • Kadingir Sanctum • Argent Facility (Destroyed) • Advanced Research Complex • Lazarus Labs • Titan's Realm • Necropolis • VEGA Central Processing • Argent D'Nur
|Argent Breach • Beneath • Boneyard • Cataclysm • Chasm • Disposal • Empyrian • Excavation • Heatwave • Helix • Infernal • Molten • Offering • Orbital • Outbreak • Perdition • Ritual • Sacrilegious
|Hangar • Nuclear Plant • Toxin Refinery • Command Control • Phobos Lab • Phobos Anomaly • Halls of the Damned • Tower of Babel • Slough of Despair • Pandemonium • House of Pain • Entryway • Underhalls
|Rune trial arena • Rune trial passage • Rune trial temple