This level occupies the map slot MAP01. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP01.
In 2006 it was followed by the mapset Phocas Island 2.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- On the beach at the start, go past the shotgun and towards the rock wall to the north which has a lone fir tree. Going near it lowers part of the rock wall. Ride it up, then you can get the chaingun and box of ammo in the nearby cave, as well as the green armor and berserk pack on the high rock at the starting point. (sector 1278)
- In the courtyard at the center of the map, go to the southwest wall and go through the wall between the large oak tree and the small fir tree to find a box of rockets and a rocket launcher. (sector 71)
- Enter the red fortress and in the main hall, go to the blood directly to the northwest. Swim in and under the wall to find a megaarmor on the other side. (sector 49)
- In the same main hall, open a wall just south of the hall entrance and go west to get two boxes of ammo and two medikits. (sector 36)
- When you take the path south of the main hall, you will eventually find a winding staircase with a wall to the southeast with chaingunners opening up. You can access this wall by going down the first part of the winding staircase and opening a wall to the southeast. (sector 549)
- Take the path north of the main hall and you will eventually find a long path leading west. At the first big section of the hall, jump out of the south window to an area with chaingunners, a box of shotgun shells, a box of ammo, and a medikit (the last two items are not available on Hey, Not Too Rough or lower). (sector 1115)
- At the western beach, go east to the middle section where the cacodemons come from the large pond. Swim in that pond, going deeper and deeper until you get a soul sphere. (sector 1289)
- At the northeast beach of the map, swim north and northwest until you find a cave entrance. Follow the cave all the way to ammo, a medikit, a green armor, and a plasma gun. (sector 769)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 6, 2021.