|Planisphere 2 cityscape|
|This mod was a runner-up for the 2012 Cacowards on Doomworld!|
This level occupies the map slot MAP01. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP01.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- In the first borough, make your way south, past a big rig, until you see a burning barrel behind a fence. Enter this area and use a lift to go up, then jump to the southwest to get a soul sphere. (sector 5312)
- At the five-way intersection south of Secret #1, head east, then north past a big rig until you can go through an alley to the west. Take the lift in this alley up, then head south and drop into the alley here. Head up the steps to reach the roof of this building, then take the south steps to reach a backpack and a super shotgun. (sector 5733)
- At the four-way intersection at the north end of the first borough, head east and enter the courtyard that has two health bonuses on a table. There is a switch at the southwest end of this courtyard. Flip it and quickly head back to the table, where a lift to the south has lowered which reaches the roof of the building. On the roof, drop to the ledge to the south that has imps and a medikit. (sector 1490)
- When you reach the middle borough, ignore the arrow on the ground pointing south and head east, then south at the intersection. A cacodemon will be here, along with a blood pool near a wall with pipes. Use this wall to reach a megasphere. (sector 4644)
- Head south on the street past Secret #4 until you reach a four-way intersection. Head southeast from the intersection into an alley with a switch, which lowers the lift behind you. Ride it up, then jump to the west. Use the lift here to go up, then jump to the east to get stimpacks, a megaarmor, and a box of rockets in a depression. (sector 4329)
- Head towards the middle of the middle borough and head east until you reach a bridge that is broken at the east end. From the entrance of this bridge, head south, then east, then north. Follow the alley until you reach a medikit. (sector 1764)
- Head out of the area where Secret #5 was and go west on the street until you see hedges to the north and south. Look to the south to spot a pool of blood and use the lift where it is at to reach energy cell packs and a medikit. (sector 651)
- Now head to the building southwest of there and use the lift to reach a plasma gun. Jump to the building to the south and head around to the south side to find a backpack. (sector 1765)
- In the middle borough, head to the southernmost bridge that goes directly east (as opposed to the bridges that go southeast) and near the entrance to the bridge is a pool of blood. Use the lift where it is and drop into the hole below to reach the secret. A berserk pack is on a crate here. (sector 904)
- Southeast of the red door, use the lift near the pool of blood to reach a soul sphere. (sector 618)
- Take either of the southeast bridges going to the eastern borough and at the south end, just north of a big rig, use the lift, then head west up the steps to rockets and an energy cell pack. (sector 2893)
- Northwest of the previous secret, use the lift, but ride it up instead of going through. Go south on the fence to reach an area with boxes of rockets. (sector 2832)
- At the eastern side of the broken bridge (mentioned in Secret #6), head north and use the lift, but ride it up instead of going through. Head north and west on the fence, then south and use the wall to lower a berserk pack. (sector 2014)
- Enter the Inferno Club and take the south lift. Use the switch here, which will lower the tallest building in the middle borough (which had cyberdemons that have been shooting at you). Go to where this building has lowered to reach a teleporter, which takes you to the nearby building to the northeast. Open the door and jump out the window to reach the top of another building, where an arrow points to another teleporter. This teleports you to the inside of a building with a mancubus and a switch that reveals another teleporter. You will be on the rooftop of another building further north. Jump into the hole in the center for the next teleporter, then use the lift to go up to another rooftop with yet another teleporter. You will enter a subway section. Head north into a room with spectres and a switch. Flip it and quickly run out of the room and south to the next teleporter. This takes you to a prison cell. Go on the crates and look out the west window to find a switch to shoot, which opens the cell. Head to the southeast end of the hall and get on the crates, then look south and shoot the switch. This will open a door nearby, leading to a green armor, rockets, and an energy cell. (sector 2580)
- The level does not include any of the lumps created by a node builder, and will therefore only work in source ports which feature an internal node builder, such as ZDoom or Risen3D. (The author recommends GZDoom.) The level is too large to create regular nodes. It can be played in PrBoom+ if extended nodes are built with ZDBSP or DeePBSP.
- The dimensions are so large that collisions and hitscan traces will glitch unless using a port which fixed the blockmap overflow bug.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
Inspiration and development
- Despite being set in 2040, the original World Trade Centre is still standing.