PocketStation DOOM is a fan-made Doom game for the Japanese-exclusive Sony PocketStation, a small hybrid PDA and memory card device for the Sony PlayStation video game console, comparable to the Sega Dreamcast's VMU.
- RUN: ↑ or ↓ (hit repeatedly).
- MOVE: ↑ or ↓ (press continuously).
- USE/OPEN: hit ↑ when a door is in front of you.
- TURN: ← or →
- STRAFE: ← or → (press continuously).
- FIRE: main button.
- MENU: ← and →
- Medikit: recovers your physical strength.
- Keycards and skull keys: used to open doors.
- Light amplification visor: brightens the view.
- Radiation shielding suit: protects from damaging floors.
- Soulsphere: recovers your physical strength completely.
- Darkness: darkens the view.
- Teleporter: moves the players from one location to another.
- Damaging floor: damages the player.
- Barrel: when you shoot it, it explodes, causing damage.
- Secret area: press ↑ in a dubious place. Then, you will step into a secret area.
- Shotgun guy
- Lost soul
- Baron of Hell
- Pain elemental
- Heavy weapon dude
To be used, the PocketStation must be connected to a PC using a PlayStation 3 memory card adapter and MCRWwin program. It is also possible to play the game via the PK201 PocketStation emulator.
Like in the original Doom, WADs can be loaded. Music, sound effects, maps, enemy strengths, and all the images are replaceable.