Zombie (Doom Eternal)
- Earth zombies look like emaciated humans with glowing yellow eyes, a pair of brown pants, and a pentagram on their head.
- Hell zombies do not have any visible eyes and instead have several crest-like structures on their forehead and concave chests.
- Zombie cultists wear a ruined and bloodied UAC labcoat.
Like the possessed scientists before them, zombies are sluggish, have low health, and are restricted to weak melee attacks. They should be chiefly considered as targets for glory kills, the flame belch, or the chainsaw, depending on the player's current need for health, armor, and ammo.
- The Slayer grabs the zombie and hammers his fist down into its head, crushing its neck into its torso.
- The Slayer punches the zombie, then slices off its head and the left half of its torso.
Humans that are corrupted into serving Hell lose their humanity, giving up their souls in return for promises of power. What is left is a mockery of their former selves.
- Within the Cultist Base, a special type of zombie in red cultist garb can be seen worshipping the hologram of Deag Ranak, who is barking orders at the demons to stop the Slayer from reaching him. Unlike the other variations, these zombies are not hostile and can be killed (mainly to stock up on resources if needed).
- In regards to general aesthetic, zombie cultists appear to resemble possessed scientists while both the Hell and Earth zombies resemble the Unwilling.
- In a humorous post-credits scene, an Earth zombie can be seen playing with the figurines of the Doom Slayer and the Tyrant before the Slayer himself is seen behind the zombie cocking his shotgun (much to the zombie's panic).
- By viewing the earth zombie in the collectible viewer, you can see it is wearing a shirt and pants that are now fused to its skin.
- Mecha zombie, a more advanced cybernetic form of a possessed human.
- Soldier (Blaster) and Soldier (Shield), armed equivalents of the classic former humans.
|Monsters from Doom Eternal|
|Fodder:||Gargoyle • Imp • Lost soul • Maykr drone • Mecha zombie • Soldier (Blaster) • Soldier (Shield) • Zombies|
|Heavy:||Arachnotron • Cacodemon • Carcass • Cyber-mancubus • Dread knight • Hell knight • Mancubus • Pain elemental • Pinky • Prowler • Revenant • Spectre • Whiplash|
|Super Heavy:||Arch-vile • Baron of Hell • Doom hunter • Marauder • Tyrant|
|Ambient:||Buff totem • Cueball • Tentacle|
|Bosses:||Gladiator • Icon of Sin • Khan Maykr|
|Mechanics:||Empowered demon • Gore nest • Kalibas|
|Expansion - The Ancient Gods, Part One|
|Unknown tier:||Blood angel • Spirit|