|Developer(s)||Adam Bilbrough (Gibbon)|
|Initial release||Lilu (2021-09-12, 2 months ago)|
|Latest release||Lilu (2021-09-12, 2 months ago)|
|License||GNU General Public License v2+|
ReBoom Experimental, also spelled ReBOOM Experimental, is an experimental source port developed by Adam Bilbrough (Gibbon), forked from ReBoom. Unlike ReBoom, it does not follow the conventions set by that port, and instead implements several new features on its Boom 2.02 codebase. It is considered less stable than ReBoom and a testing ground for its author to test new features upon.
- All features from ReBoom 2.03:
- MBF21 support, courtesy of DSDA-Doom
- DEHEXTRA support, courtesy of Woof!
- Support for the SIGIL map set
- High resolution support
- Restarting the map while pistol starting no longer clears the total time (taken from From DOOM With Love)
As ReBoom 2.03 was released on August 22, 2021 in this MBF21 and DEHEXTRA support along with hard-coded support for higher resolutions, implementing support for SIGIL, hardware acceleration for page flipping, thereby smoothing out the framerate, and removal of static limits, taken from DSDA-Doom. However, these new features proved to be rather unstable, and memory issues arose. The high-resolution, MBF21, DEHEXTRA and static limits were reverted for the hotfix which released on August 24, 2021 in this ., Gibbon then started to experiment with implementing more advanced features to the port, such as
After a suggestion in thisto have these enhancements released as a experimental build Gibbon then decided to honor this request, implementing some stability fixes on the way. The resulting release was called ReBoom Experimental on September 12, 2021 in this .
ReBoom Experimental will remain a testing ground for new features to be tested, but a new release is unlikely to occur.
- The released version of ReBoom Experimental carried the version name Lilu. This is a reference to a scene from the movie The Fifth Element called Big Bada Boom, which in itself is a reference to the Boom source port.
- Latest ReBoom Experimental release build, at GitHub
|Source code genealogy|
|Based on||Name||Base for|
|ReBoom 2.03||ReBoom Experimental||Active|