Revenant (Doom Eternal)
The revenant returns as a monster in Doom Eternal, mostly retaining its appearance from Doom (2016), albeit slightly modified: its eyeballs now glow green, it lacks blood on its forehead, new cybernetics are present on its head and neck, its mouth shape is a bit different, and its metal parts are now cleaner in appearance, with new detailing on the rocket launchers that makes them resemble demonic mouths.
The revenant is able to shoot a barrage of guided missiles at the player if it is able to lock on, and retains its flight capabilities from the previous game. However, the player is able to shoot off the rocket launchers in order to disable this attack, leaving it with only its much weaker claw swipe and forcing it to fight exclusively on the ground. It can also dash to evade incoming fire.
Dashing or double-jumping will break its lock-on.
- The Doom Slayer stabs the revenant's jetpack, causing it to malfunction and self-destruct, blowing up the revenant.
- The Slayer cuts off the revenant's lower torso and legs, causing it to spin in air before exploding.
- The Slayer throws the revenant on the ground and decapitates it.
- The Slayer punches the revenant in the face, grabs its head and then drives his knee into its skull.
The revisions made to the revenant's design by the UAC cultists incorporate enhanced cyber-neural programming. Upon receiving a certain signal to its frontal cortex, the revenant enters a state of unrestrained bloodlust that prevents all forms of thought and feeling unrelated to inflicting violence.
As seen in the game play reveal, the revenant can also be player-controlled in the Demon Invasion and Battlemode game modes. The revenant is well-rounded and maneuverable, combining offensive power from its rockets with the agility of its jetpack. However, the revenant player needs to watch their fuel supply, as they will be temporarily unable to fly if it runs out.
- The player-controlled revenant shown in the QuakeCon 2018 demo was named 'D00t76'. This is a nod to the "doot" meme, an inside joke among fans regarding a revenant holding a trumpet in photoshopped variants of Doom (2016)'s cover art. The meme is further referenced with the pre-order exclusive skin for the revenant, where its body armor is stylized with a trumpet theme and the rocket launchers are replaced with a pair of trumpets. The number 76 is likely a reference to the contemporaneous Bethesda title, Fallout 76.
|Monsters from Doom Eternal|
|Fodder:||Gargoyle • Imp • Lost soul • Maykr drone • Mecha zombie • Soldier (Blaster) • Soldier (Shield) • Zombies|
|Heavy:||Arachnotron • Cacodemon • Carcass • Cyber-mancubus • Dread knight • Hell knight • Mancubus • Pain elemental • Pinky • Prowler • Revenant • Spectre • Whiplash|
|Super Heavy:||Arch-vile • Baron of Hell • Doom hunter • Marauder • Tyrant|
|Ambient:||Buff totem • Cueball • Tentacle|
|Bosses:||Gladiator • Icon of Sin • Khan Maykr|
|Mechanics:||Empowered demon • Gore nest • Kalibas|
|Expansion - The Ancient Gods, Part One||Expansion - The Ancient Gods, Part Two|
|Fodder:||Screecher • Stone imp • Riot soldier|
|Heavy:||Blood Maykr • Whiplash spectre||Cursed prowler|
|Super Heavy:||Armored baron|
|Ambient:||Spirit • Turret||Demonic trooper|
|Bosses:||Samur Maykr • Trial of Maligog||The Dark Lord|