|License||GNU General Public License v2+|
Russian Doom is source port forked from Chocolate Doom (with additions from Crispy Doom) by Julian Nechaevsky which aims to provide a full and proper Russian translation of Doom, Heretic and Hexen games, as well as the setup executable and online help. It has numerous vanilla bug fixes, removed limits and offers some optional aesthetic game enhancements.
The following games are supported.
- Doom (Shareware, commercial, The Ultimate Doom)
- Doom II
- Final Doom
- Heretic (shareware beta, shareware, commercial, Shadow of the Serpent Riders)
- Hexen (shareware, commercial, Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel)
The engine automatically loads Russian-translated resources depending on the game you are playing.
All enhancements are optional and may be disabled to get the completely original feeling of the DOS version. It can be done in the ex-compatibility section of the Setup executable and all of them are available only for Doom.
- Colored blood and squished corpses
- Correct formula of "Ouch face"
- invulnerability affects sky
- Diabolical-red flash of monsters resurrection in Nightmare skill level
- Super Shotgun has a chance to blast enemies
- Very low-key transparency
- No yellow flash on picking up items (disabled by default)
- Sound of crushed corpses
- Single sound of fast closing doors
- Playing sound on exiting the game
- Notification of discovered secrets
- Total level times on intermission screen
- Pain Elemental without Lost Soul's attack limit
Binary distribution is compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7/8.1/10 (both x32 and x64 editions).