Simon Howard (Fraggle)
Simon Howard (aka fraggle) is a programmer and level designer from England. He has contributed to many Doom projects over the years.
Simon worked on several unreleased levels before forming Team Onslaught in 1997 with Tom Robinson (Mystican), Luke Cama (Spike) and Vincent Fong. While part of Team Onslaught, he developed a launcher called Onslaunch and contributed to the deathmatch megawads Decamatch and Decamatch 2. After Team Onslaught dissolved, he contributed to Execution DM along with several former Onslaught members.
Following the release of the Doom source, Simon created his own port, sfdoom, based on the DOS port of the source code by Chi Hoang. This work was later abandoned and he developed a new port, SMMU, based on the source code to MBF. As part of SMMU, he created a scripting language called FraggleScript. FraggleScript was later adopted in the PrBoom (until 2.3.1), Eternity, Doom Legacy and GZDoom source ports. Currently, Simon is working on Chocolate Doom, a source port that aims to emulate vanilla Doom as closely as possible.
In 2001, Simon took the lead role in the development of the Freedoom project, a project aiming to create a complete free IWAD file.
Simon has contributed to the Doom community in several ways. He was once an operator on several IRC channels; however he now only rarely uses IRC. He is a moderator on the Doomworld forums and a sysop on the Doom Wiki.
Body of work
- Decamatch ( )
- Decamatch: II Annihilation ( )
- MAP01: Frags 'a' lot
- MAP05: Metallica
- MAP08: Ocean Wave
- DM6: The Darkish zone ( )
- Onslaunch ( )
- Execution DM ( )
- MAP11: Nihilist
- MAP14: Fast Frag 2000 1st Blood (with Luke Cama (Spike), Nick Baker (NiGHTMARE) and Schronzki)
- MAP15: Fast Frag 2000 2nd Blood (with Luke Cama (Spike), Nick Baker (NiGHTMARE) and Schronzki)
- 10 Sectors 2 ( )
- Green fish status bar face replacement ( )
- BSP (blockmap compression patch)
- British Doom Localisation Patch ( )
- Binary ripple counter ( )
- Vanilla Batman Doom fix ( )
- The Ultimate WAD.BAT ( )
- PC speaker sound effect format ( )
- External statistics driver ( )
- bsdmidi ( )
- chex.exe dehacked patch ( )
- French Doom translation ( )
- Doom 2 French Version binary patch ( )
- Freedoom leftovers ( )
- Logitech Wingman Warrior external driver ( )
- Doom External Control API ( )
- Computer Deathmatch 2.0 ( )
- Gravis Ultrasound patches ( )
- DeathManager! v1.5 extra configs ( )
- Solo network driver ( )
- Heretic Upstart Mapping Project ( )
- E1M7: Courtyard of Elements
- DMXGUS Gonna Give it to Ya ( )