Songs of the Damned
|Songs of the Damned|
|Structure near the starting area.|
|This mod received one of the 2007 Cacowards on Doomworld!|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- At the start, head towards the steps leading down and get to the left side. Time a run so you get onto the ledge on the left and drop down. You will find a megasphere at the bottom. (sector 60)
- At the yellow key puzzle, the structure at the southeast end can be used as a lift. Ride it up, then get on the rock to the south to get a backpack and a box of ammo (two boxes of ammo on Hurt Me Plenty). (sector 509)
- Open the yellow door and take the next door you see. Head around to the west side and use the switch there to lower the marble block next to you. You will also lower the marble block on the east side, where you will see a computer area map on a metal wall. Simply press on the wall to lower it. (sector 1497)
- If you have the blue key, you can use it on the door west of the southeast part of the map. This will lower the metal structures allowing you to head west. Open either blue door in the next yard and use the lion switch, then return to the yard. The north door will be open, use the switch there to lower the soul sphere in the middle. Walking over the pillar triggers two lifts, both behind the blue doors. The west lift has an energy cell and the south lift has a plasma gun. Both lifts count as one secret. (sector 1106)
- At the southeast part of the map, take the steps to the central building and use the skull switch, then ride the bridge up. Head east, then south to the room, then look west and use the satyr switch. After riding it up, press on the metal wall at the south end to lower it, then head down the corridor and use the lift to get a megaarmor. (sector 1251)
- At the southeast part of the map, take the steps to the central building and use the skull switch, then head across to the door to the north. Use the switch inside, then get off the bridge on the west side and head to the building to the west. When you step on the platform, it will rise. Press on the unlit gargoyle switch to lower the lift next to you, but instead of using it, head west, then south, then east and enter the teleporter. You will teleport to energy cells and a plasma gun. (sector 1401)
- At the east side of the map, when you approach the marble courtyard from the south, you will be on a bridge with cacodemons to the sides. Head north all the way to the teleporter and enter. Step off the teleporter but quickly re-enter it, where you will hear a lift. Quickly enter the side room to the east and press the skull switch, then leave and get on the bridge going back south. Quickly jump to the southeast to get a soul sphere. (sector 732)
- A box of shotgun shells (Thing 1027) and three stimpacks (580, 1028 and 1029) have no flags set for any of the three difficulty classes, so they do not actually appear in the level.
- If the player climbs up in secret #2, he can get stuck in the yellow key puzzle if he tries to jump to catch the key before having lowered the square walls.
- When the player crosses the airlock with the V-shaped lighted floor, if he tries to go back in the first zone, he will be stuck in the first zone, unable to enter back the second zone with the red key. The first airlock door mightn’t open again.
- The player can get stuck in the small room in front of the cage with the cacodemons while he tries to get in secret #7.
This WAD features a single built-in demo, DEMO1, by the author. It requires Doom II with a Boom-compatible v2.02 source port to be viewed and runs for 14:46.94 (31043 tics), showing off the level on Ultra-Violence.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are: