→Update: Added infobox, reworked page to look more official and well, Fraggle deserves it. Took the liberty of calling the first sfdoom version just ''Version 1'' as a generic name.
'''sfdoom''' (also called SF-Doom) is a [[source port]] created by [[Simon Howard (Fraggle)]] which was a forerunner of [[SMMU]]. It was derived from [[DOSDoom]] by [[Chi Hoang]]
. It contained several features that would later be rewritten in SMMU, including a [[console]], colored lighting, start map, and basic scripting. SMMU, though not directly derived from sfdoom, was intended as a rewrite of the project, and started out initially with the same name as its forerunner. After SMMU development was started, sf-doom was left abandoned.
Detailed list of new features ==
'''Note:''' Taken directly from SFDoom.txt
* Translucency on various objects (imp fireballs etc) and on middle textures of 2-sided linedefs (temporary debug thing)
* Coloured lighting through 6 new sector types (red, green, blue, 1/2 red, 1/2 green, 1/2 blue)
== External links ==
* [https://soulsphere.org/projects/smmu/ SMMU] webpage by Simon Howard; includes some information about sfdoom
* [https://soulsphere.org/projects/smmu/sfdoom-bin.zip sfdoom binary], 2nd release, released
5/2/1999, on Simon Howard's webpage
* [https://soulsphere.org/projects/smmu/sfdoom-src.zip sfdoom source code], on Simon Howard's webpage