Stephen McGranahan (SoM)
Stephen McGranahan, aka SoM (short for Strogg on Meth), is a prominent programmer in the Doom community, and has done considerable work on both the Doom Legacy and Eternity Engine source ports and, more recently, Odamex. SoM has been credited with creating 3D floors and linked portals, and adding Boom and FraggleScript support to the Legacy engine.
One of his biggest achievements is Cardboard, an entirely new and original renderer that supports 32-bit color and rids of many rendering errors and blemishes found in Doom. An 8-bit version of Cardboard is used in the Eternity Engine.
Body of work
- Polution (Doomworld/idgames) (with Jesse Douglas)
- Master (Doomworld/idgames) (with Brendt Pantley (Megalyth))
- NiGHTMARE Speedmapping Compilation #4 (Doomworld/idgames)
- MAP01, MAP04, MAP05, MAP06
- Ni'mRoD - IXNAY on the HOMBRE (Doomworld/idgames)
- sound editing
- Mock 2: The Speed of Stupid (Doomworld/idgames)
|This article is a low-priority stub. You can help the Doom Wiki by expanding it.|