A developmental bot failing to retrieve the shotgun on a raised ledge.
|Initial release||2005 (17 years ago)|
|Latest release||r1188 (2009-03-26, 14 years ago)|
|License||GNU General Public License v2+|
Strawberry Doom is a defunct source port based off Chocolate Doom. It was developed by GhostlyDeath for a short while in 2008 and 2009 and never saw an official release. The strawberry-doom branch resided between r1020 and r1380 in Chocolate Doom's SVN repository on SourceForge. The main purpose of the project was to enhance Chocolate Doom while keeping with compatibility. It fixed some common Doom bugs and added several features, found below.
- Raised static limits as per Doom-plus
- In-game multiplayer scoreboard which also shows player health and armor information
- Enhanced and color contextualized automap (which was also copied into ReMooD)
- Primitive bots with primitive navigation for any level
- Deathmatch team support
Strawberry Doom was abandoned in 2009. Several compiled builds exist compiled from the SVN repository at the time.
- Strawberry Doom r1188 binary and source code, latest release from March 26, 2009, hosted by GitHub
- Strawberry Doom r1101 binary and source code, March 1, 2008, hosted by GitHub
- Strawberry Doom r1040 binary and source code, February 2, 2008, hosted by GitHub
- Strawberry Doom SVN builds up to March 2008
|Source code genealogy|
|Based on||Name||Base for|
|Chocolate Doom||Strawberry Doom||None|