|Codebase||Doom128, gamesrc-ver-recreation, STRIFE1.EXE|
|Developer(s)||Adam Bilbrough (Gibbon)|
|Initial release||29042022 (2022-04-29, 4 months ago)|
|Latest release||29042022 (2022-04-29, 4 months ago)|
|Written in||C, Assembly|
Strife128 is a source modification created by Adam Bilbrough (Gibbon). It is derived from the recreated and reverse-engineered works of the gamesrc-ver-recreation project and Doom128 itself, providing further increased static limits to reduce the risk of crashes, premature program exits and certain visual problems, while maintaining full compatibility with the original executable, including the usage of the original DMX sound engine.
Its exact file name is:
- STRI128.EXE for the Strife registered version
After creating Doom128, Heretic128 and Hexen128, Strife didn't recieve the same treatment because the amount of content for Strife didn't make the effort seem worthwhile. Two months later Strife128 was eventually released by Gibbon as the lack of active Strife ports much less so for MS-DOS was a major factor into making a first release on April 29, 2022. The work done on Doom128 was used as a basis to increase the limits. It increased the limits imposed by Doom128 by a factor 16 and was built for the registered version of the executable.
The following static limits are raised in Strife128.
limit : old * k = new ------------------------------------------------------- visplanes[MAXVISPLANES] : 1024 * 16 = 16384 drawsegs[MAXDRAWSEGS] : 2048 * 16 = 32768 SAVEGAMESIZE : Depends on version activeplats[MAXPLATS] : 7680 * 16 = 122880 vissprites[MAXVISSPRITE] : 1024 * 16 = 16384 linespeciallist[MAXLINEANIMS] : 16384 * 16 = 262144 openings[MAXOPENINGS] : 200 * 256 * 16 = 819200
- MAXOPENINGS relies on the SCREENWIDTH constant, which is 200 (from a 320x200 screen, which is what is used in Heretic.
- MAXSEGS relies on both the SCREENWIDTH and SCREENHEIGHT constant, divided by 2 + (SCREENWIDTH) / 2 + 1) * SCREENHEIGHT).
Outside of the raised limits, Strife128 includes additional features:
- The lump stack is increased from 64 KB to 4096 KB, allowing more lumps to be loaded in
- The Tutti-frutti effect bug is fixed, taken from Crispy Doom and Russian Doom
- The wall wiggle bug is fixed
|Source code genealogy|
|Based on||Name||Base for|