(Redirected from Stroller)
- In some ways, Strolling is "true" pacifist playing - your speed will not rescue you from tight situations as readily, and you need to rely more heavily on cunning. Having said that, even in stroller demos, the marine's speed relative to the monsters is a major bonus. Walking briskly away from a homing revenant missile, ambling from side to side to dodge cyber rockets - these are typical of the fun and games that await the ambitious stroller.
- Demos must be recorded with -skill 4 (Ultra-Violence);
- The player is not allowed to harm monsters directly and/or intentionally.
In addition, Stroller imposes additional restrictions:
- The player is not allowed to run (sprint);
- The player is not allowed to strafe.
While its demos are fully compliant with Pacifist rules, Strolling is not recognized as proper category by the Compet-n. Stroller demos are however collected in the Doom Speed Demo Archive.
- A Walk In the Park contest (18th July, 1999) at the old COMPET-N site
- Doomworld forums – DSDA link (archived 🏛) at the
- at the Doomworld forums