Stronghold: On the Edge of Chaos
|Stronghold: On the Edge of Chaos|
Stronghold: On the Edge of Chaos is a Doom megawad created by a team of designers at DRD Team and Realm 667, lead by Daniel Gimmer (Tormentor667). It requires GZDoom or Skulltag to run and supports both singleplayer and multiplayer. The project was released in November of 2010.
Stronghold is a mixture of Unreal Tournament's Assault mode and Skulltag's Invasion mode. The game is one huge hub with 35 different Stronghold UAC bases that players need to defend, where there are different goals to achieve (e.g. let no single enemy pass the deadline or defend a powercore against the demons). For support, there is a huge arsenal of weapons and powerup items players can collect and/or buy in the interactive intermission base from where they start their missions.
- 35 new maps (+4 secret maps)
- 18 powerful weapons
- 20 different powerups
- 30 additional new monsters (in addition to original ones)
- Several different game modes (Deadline, Core, Limit and more...)
- Full multiplayer support with Skulltag
- Earn credits for killing demons
- Dynamic skill for all skill settings and player counts
- Hub system with several tiers to battle through
- Shop system with countless items to buy
- Full soundtrack with exclusive music and songs