Talk:Basics of the WAD format
Basic Doom Level Format, not WAD format.
The Doom Level Format and the WAD format are two completely different things.
- Yeah. The page on the level format should simply explain vertexes, linedefs, sidedefs, sectors and things. Fredrik 20:54, 8 Feb 2005 (GMT)
This page looks like it could be the beginning of some programmer-specific information (E.g., parsing WAD files etc.). If so, I look forward to some of this :) -- Jon Dowland
- Programmer-specific information should be on a separate page. This is supposed to be an editing tutorial. By the way, you can sign your name with ~ ~ ~ ~ :-) Fraggle 02:06, 22 Mar 2005 (EST)
We should delete this page. Manc mentioned that it came up with some searches for 'wad format' which is what reminded me it exists; the searches have been improved with redirects from Wad format (and similar) to WAD, which covers the technical side of WADs. Fraggle's old comments on this talk page suggest this was originally intended to be a mapper-oriented tutorial, but this was never clear from the content or name, and hasn't come to fruition. -- Shambler (talk) 03:54, 14 November 2016 (CST)
- Keep but redirect. --Quasar (talk) 09:04, 14 November 2016 (CST)
- Keep but redirect. --Xymph (talk) 09:56, 14 November 2016 (CST)
- Redirect to WAD (I find it odd to describe this action as "Keep" though!) -- Shambler (talk) 10:23, 14 November 2016 (CST)
- Redirect to WAD. IMO the term "basics" should not imply adding mapping advice to the tech data in WAD, however; that would be distracting since the intended audiences are different, and we already have stubs intended for it (but I'm happy leaving the details to people who have those tutorials on their TODO). Shambler, the aspect requiring an admin decision is often hammered at, because it's the most difficult to fine-tune or undo. Ryan W (usually gone) 11:15, 14 November 2016 (CST)