Move request, take 1
- Thread moved from Talk:ConC.E.R.N.ed (note extra period)
Tried creating a stub article for this Pwad, since it's red-linked on a number of other articles.
But I'm not allowed. The wiki states: "The title "ConC.E.R.N.ed" has been banned from creation."
If it's because I'm an IP editor, that's understandable. It would be good if a regular here could make a quick stub with an IG link for this Pwad.
- I can't create the page either, but an administrator should be able to do so. Gauss (talk) 13:12, 9 November 2021 (CST)
Move request, take 2
- Thread moved from Talk:ConCERNed
I created this article with the "ConCERNed" name because, as I found out yesterday, only admins can create "ConC.E.R.Ned", presumably because of the periods in the name. If an admin wants to move this article to that name, I have no objections. The important thing is this Pwad now has an article. (Also note that the talk page I posted in yesterday had a fourth period after the N, due to the red-link I clicked on in another article; after making this article, I changed both period-named variants to link to this article.) --22.214.171.124 16:08, 10 November 2021 (CST)
- I've placed a move request on the article so it will hopefully get moved to the right name. The title isn't protected against creation and I found nothing about it in the deletion logs, so the most likely reasons are that the title is on a spam blacklist or there is some technical restriction. Gauss (talk) 16:27, 10 November 2021 (CST)
Hi folks — does it look correct now?
I dimly remember why this happens, and although I can't say much in a public post, I hope you can believe me that it was a compromise to prevent something much much worse. Originally, IP users could create articles. Thanks for helping out! Ryan W (living fossil) 01:07, 11 November 2021 (CST)
- Everything looks good now. Thanks for the move and merging the talk pages here. --126.96.36.199 12:02, 11 November 2021 (CST)