Talk:Cut scene psychosis
I admit I laughed, but whatever the community's opinions on cutscenes, this specific term is not being used. Google and dwforums searches return 0 results. Therefore, it does not belong in this encyclopedia.
- Delete. Ryan W 09:08, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
- Delete. --Gez 16:37, 29 November 2011 (UTC)
- Delete. It's humorous and maybe could be kept somewhere, but doesn't seem to be within the purpose of the site. -- ETTiNGRiNDER (talk) 00:53, 1 December 2014 (UTC)
Delete, since the article was vandalized without further discussion. --Quasar (talk) 16:15, 12 June 2015 (CDT)
This article humorously mentions how the player loses control of the doomguy during a cutscene, even if monsters are still in the room. This happens when players (or modders) deliberately add monsters to areas that didn't have them before. Sigvatr had the right intent, just terrible wording. ConSiGno (talk) 15:10, 12 June 2015 (CDT)
- There is no context in which this can be treated seriously or redeemed as a "proper" article; however, I wonder if we shouldn't have a little bit of scope for such things, maybe with an appropriate "Humor" category and a Template:NonCanonical infobox of some sort. Could be used to settle the occasional edit war over Sotoxi as well :P --Quasar (talk) 15:46, 12 June 2015 (CDT)
I was just discussing on IRC how we're one of the few wikis that can never cut loose to any degree and have a few things that are outside the mold. But I've had my hand forced anyway so it doesn't matter now. The humorous article was replaced with one that was neither funny nor factually informative. --Quasar (talk) 16:22, 12 June 2015 (CDT)
- (edit conflict) Even if we deem this a worthwhile topic despite its nonexistence in the Doom community, cutscenes in many modern games behave similarly. IMO it belongs in a broader directory like tvtropes. (P.S. one can have great intentions, but be worse than useless because of all the rewriting required. Examples: my technical articles, half of Wikipedia's bots, Ralph Nader.) Ryan W (talk) 16:39, 12 June 2015 (CDT)
This is the second time in as many months that I have let personal issues interfere with my judgment in administrative matters on the wiki. I'll give myself one more strike I guess before calling for a vote on whether or not I should retain those powers for anything but emergency use.
If someone wants to undelete and work on this, I have no objections and I am striking my earlier comments and vote because they were made in an irrational state of mind. This place doesn't belong to me, but I'm passionate about it still. I particularly apologize to CSG for making him feel unwelcome and discouraging his editing attempt, even if the outcome had some issues. --Quasar (talk) 18:05, 12 June 2015 (CDT)