Two problems with the Plot section (I unfortunately missed the movie when it came through my town, and my computer can't handle Doom 3):
- The first paragraph is almost identical to the IMDb plot summary.
- It very abruptly mentions a "wormhole", without explaining what the wormhole is doing there.
Ryan W 05:39, 30 January 2006 (UTC)
Did anyone else notice....
Did anyone else notice that The Rock's charater (Sarge) could be a referance to St. Kelly in Doom 3 even to the point when Sarge (spoiler) becomes infected and turns evil? I heard this somewhere else also...
- Kelly is an Irish name. It comes from the Gaelic name Ceallaigh, which in turn comes from the word Ceallach. I do not know what Ceallach means. The internet is unhelpful and I distrust its wisdom in this matter. It used to be a surname, until the North Americans got hold of it and turned it into a Christian name. In Britain the name Kelly, as a Christian name, is more often a girl's name than a boy's name. When I think of the name Kelly I think of the late Dr David Kelly, and I imagine evil Prime Minister Tony Blair shrugging his shoulders and saying "So?" when told of the news of Kelly's suicide. Ashley Pomeroy 22:17, 15 July 2006 (UTC)
- Way to ramble on there... O_o
- Possibly, but don't use Splarka (talk) 07:06, 2 May 2007 (UTC) , it doesn't work well on MediaWiki 1.9+ and that version needs sitewide css anyways. --
- Since both titles are unambiguous, it doesn't matter which one we use IMHO. Note however that there is nothing "official" about Wikipedia conventions or policies on this site — see here and here, for example. Ryan W 22:45, 6 May 2007 (UTC)