Someone needs to give proper reloading times to the weapons. Descriptive speeds don't mean much since it's relative. Unfortunately, I don't have Doom 3 so someone else will have to do it. -- TheDarkArchon 14:27, 28 Dec 2005 (UTC)
You forgot to add the grenades and Soul Cube... -(guest)
2 fps? LOL. i'd recommend removing that incase someone reading the article overestimates the demands of the doom 3 engine. -Savage
- They would be hard to overestimate. :> Even journalists who reviewed it at the time said that they couldn't run it at full speed, and those people usually have customized gaming-only machines. Ryan W 05:40, 15 April 2007 (UTC)
According to the PDA, "Chaingun" should be "Chain Gun" and "Plasmagun" should be "Plasma Gun". How should we go about this? Moving Chaingun (Doom 3) to Chain Gun (Doom 3) may work, but Chain Gun doesn’t exist and there would be no need for the parentheses. Moving Chaingun (Doom 3) to Chain Gun may work, but hatnotes may be needed. —Shidou 19:44, 14 April 2007 (UTC)
God dammit, does Ishii say "I built his cage." or "I've been to his cage."? Because on this page it says something, then on Ishii's page it says something different. Nice inconsistency there. 126.96.36.199 13:30, 28 October 2007 (UTC)
The Devil speaks?
In the beginning of the twntieth level hell, a deep dark voice says "Welcome to Hell." Also in the last level it says: "So....you made it this far?" Is this the devil himself speaking or merely the Cyberdemon?
- I think it's Betruger who's speaking to you.
So if Ishii said that he built his cage , what means it ? Means it he was in hell ?
Doom 3 in this wiki
Since this wiki is called "Doom wiki" and not "Classic Doom Wiki" or "Doom (Idtech1) Engine Wiki", can't it be expanded to include Doom 3 material, like notable custom maps, in a similar way to how Doom 2 wads are documented? I ask this because the home article says especially about Doom, Doom II and Doom engine games.--Printz150 21:49, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
- This wiki already contains many Doom 3 articles (these for example), including some custom maps. AFAICT the original engine will naturally accumulate more articles because the modding scene has been much larger, the amount of available technical information is much greater, and most gamers actually liked playing them. Ryan W 17:24, 12 July 2009 (UTC)
I just got Windows XP on my computer, and the sound doesn't work for Doom III. Any1 know what I could do? --Mega Sean 45 19:44, October 23, 2009 (UTC)
Question about the trivia
From the "Trivia" section:
- A terminal after returning to Mars from Hell displays a red screen. An email can be downloaded from this terminal, containing a rather tongue-in-cheek message written by the Hell demons on proper human sacrifice techniques.
I think this isn't the right place to ask, but... I couldn't find that. Can someone give me more detailed instructions or/and screenshots? Thank you -- Kyano 09:54, March 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Questions about PDAs should always be checked against Grawl's walkthrough on gamefaqs, which is ridiculously thorough. (Almost as ridiculous as this bump.) Ryan W 23:13, 5 March 2014 (UTC)
- But, to answer the question, it is located at the very end of Delta Labs, before you go to the CPU Complex. To the left after turning the final corner, where you get attacked by a Revenant, you can find the corrupted terminal. --Quasar 01:44, 6 March 2014 (UTC)
- Right. The way it was worded it looked like it was close to the teleporter that brought you back to Mars from Hell. --Kyano 13:19, 6 March 2014 (UTC)