Talk:Doom community jargon
- That works for me. ConSiGno (talk) 15:11, 18 June 2015 (CDT)
- I've heard all of those before, as well as "waggle". Looks like I need to add that to both articles. ConSiGno (talk) 17:48, 22 June 2015 (CDT)
Pain elemental common nickname "meatball"
This has been considered contentious a couple of times now, so here are a few good sources just to start:
- Usenet post from 1996
- Doomworld search
- Blog post - "I guess you also see the first pain elemental, but the meatball is a joke when the marine's arsenal has been so upgraded."
- Someone on Facebook's idea for a food: "My favorite idea so far is basically a spicy meatball filled w/ a Carolina Reaper based sauce/chutney. I've dubbed it the pain elemental."
- Blog post - "Pain Elemental: Affectionately referred to as "meatballs" in our little circle, the Pain Elemental is a great monster in that it's extremely annoying but admittedly effective."
- YouTube video entitled "Useless meatball" showing PEs that cannot spawn any souls.
Here comes flame boi
Does Flame Boi (blame the Text to Doom mod released last May) see considerable use within the community, or is it too recent to add here? I've recall people using it when Doom Eternal was announced last E3... 220.127.116.11 10:45, 8 January 2019 (CST)