Talk:Doom community jargon
- That works for me. ConSiGno (talk) 15:11, 18 June 2015 (CDT)
- I've heard all of those before, as well as "waggle". Looks like I need to add that to both articles. ConSiGno (talk) 17:48, 22 June 2015 (CDT)
Pain elemental common nickname "meatball"
This has been considered contentious a couple of times now, so here are a few good sources just to start:
- Usenet post from 1996
- Doomworld search
- Blog post - "I guess you also see the first pain elemental, but the meatball is a joke when the marine's arsenal has been so upgraded."
- Someone on Facebook's idea for a food: "My favorite idea so far is basically a spicy meatball filled w/ a Carolina Reaper based sauce/chutney. I've dubbed it the pain elemental."
- Blog post - "Pain Elemental: Affectionately referred to as "meatballs" in our little circle, the Pain Elemental is a great monster in that it's extremely annoying but admittedly effective."
- YouTube video entitled "Useless meatball" showing PEs that cannot spawn any souls.