Talk:Doom references in other games
Doesn't use the Doom engine and only one level is Doom-related. The game is designed as a Mario fan-game and not as a Doom.
- Delete - TheDarkArchon 13:39, 6 February 2008 (UTC)
- If that's true, then it is sort of analogous to Zangband which does not have its own article (two or three Doom-themed levels out of 120+, depending on which version you use). Delete. Ryan W 15:50, 6 February 2008 (UTC)
- Move to an article such as Fan-made games with Doom references, which could list all games that have some amount of Doom content, but aren't exactly Doom games. -- Janizdreg 00:13, 7 February 2008 (UTC)
- There has to be some wiki somewhere on the internet that this belongs in; maybe Wikia:Halo or Wikia:Halomods or Wikia:Mario or Wikia:Nintendofanon. There would only need to be a small mention here; the article could be called "Doom references in other games" or "Doom content in other games" or something. (I'm not sure "fan-made games" is a useful distinction to make; "amateur games" maybe.) --Andrew Nagy 05:23, 16 February 2008 (UTC)
- Either of the latter two wikis would be completely appropriate IMHO (assuming their notability standard permitted it of course). On this site, the more general question of how to catalog non-commercial games has been a confusing one in the past, so I'm not holding my breath for a consensus today. Ryan W 18:13, 16 February 2008 (UTC)
- Move - I agree with Janizdreg and Andrew Nagy, moving this to a article called "Doom references in other games" (or the like) would be the best idea. - Nuxius 21:00, 16 February 2008 (UTC)
Does Brink count? It has a Doom pack DLC.