An external link would be a really good idea, juuust in case only a handful of people have even heard of this. Googling "doomed" + "flash" easily turns up five or six things which might well be a Doom game. Unfortunately I can't play any of them because the Linux version of Flash is pretty screwed up, so I have to ask that someone else finish the job. Ryan W 20:05, 27 August 2008 (UTC)
Automated transfer of Problem Report #14159
The following message was left by Fangusu via PR #14159 on 2008-10-05 06:41:59 UTC
The grammar is very vulgar and poor and the page itself is a very short article providing little or no context.
I'm tagging this for deletion - the subject of the page is off-scope. Based on the early revisions, I'm suspecting that the game was describing this, which bears no resemblance to Doom or any of it's derivatives. --Sigma 7 23:12, September 11, 2009 (UTC)
- The game has nothing to do with the Doom franchise. Delete. 188.8.131.52 19:14, February 1, 2010 (UTC)
- If it's not Doom or anything close to it, it shouldn't be here. I say delete it. GhostlyDeath 06:02, February 21, 2010 (UTC)
According to the author's own website, this game is "Smash TV crossed with Gauntlet and Berserk." After playing a bit of it, there is definitely nothing Doom-related here aside from passing similarity in a couple of weapons (rockets and plasma), which are just sci-fi/shooter staples and neither invented by nor unique to Doom at any point. This meets no qualifiers for a page here, and I additionally suggest that it be protected from re-creation if we have a method for doing that. --Quasar (talk) 18:53, 11 August 2017 (CDT)
- I don't understand why a vote is even necessary to remove this page... Isn't there a "speedy deletion" procedure? --184.108.40.206 19:05, 11 August 2017 (CDT)
We have both of those, but I fail to see how two threads in 8 years is an emergency requiring either. Someone probably saw the red link and inferred an article was welcome. Given that this version was three hours old when tagged, I assume the user might still be nearby, and therefore
▪ Reserve judgement until they have a chance to provide any supporting information.
Memory is hazy, but I believe we had been concerned about mistaken identity even before the original article. Everyone and their mewtwo made a Flash game in the early 2000s, after all, so a bunch of them were probably Doom ripoffs. Sadly we'll likely never hear about them except through passing anecdotal reference, as occurred here. Ryan W (living fossil) 22:01, 11 August 2017 (CDT)
- Okay, that didn't lead anywhere. Delete, no evidence of notability per Quasar's reasoning. Ryan W (living fossil) 10:41, 19 August 2017 (CDT)
I've played the Flash game for five seconds and it has nothing to do with Doom itself. And the article is what it is. You really love red tape eh? --220.127.116.11 16:18, 12 August 2017 (CDT)