Talk:E1M9: Military Base (Doom)
Today I replaced the four demos which showed how to get 100% kills, items, and secrets. Why did I do this, since I created the original demos myself? I noticed some behavior that I wouldn't necessarily want my little sister to imitate:
- Not fighting deaf demons/spectres one at at time before the exit room (UV).
- Going to the canal platform the long way around (all four).
- Entering the southeast room from the north side, missing a barrel frag (all four).
- Frontal assault on the rocket launcher room (HMP and UV).
- Doing the "jumping between pillars" room entirely by trial and error (all four).
Harder than it looks, folks! :> Ryan W 19:25, 27 February 2006 (UTC)
- In retrospect, there are arguments for the second thing: first, there is an obstacle between you and the platform, which makes it harder to actually step out of the slime; more importantly, if you approach the button from that side, you have to spin almost 180° to shoot at the monsters coming out of the trap. Ryan W 00:51, 1 April 2008 (UTC)