This article is for discussion of the main page. For general discussion, please visit Central Processing. To discuss featured articles, please visit the featured articles subpage.
For archived discussions, see /Archive.
Ally with Commander Keen wiki?
I remember at one point there was somewhat of a push to find other independent wiki sites for related topics to do link exchanges with, still evidenced by the "Affiliates" link at the bottom of the front page. Has the Commander Keen wiki on shikadi.net ever been considered/approached for something of this nature? Are we still doing this general kind of thing? -- ETTiNGRiNDER (talk) 19:18, 10 December 2018 (CST)
- Sure, why not? If it's community-based, copyleft, and retrogamer-friendly, we're already in the same neighborhood even without the developer heritage. :> You'll have to ask Quasar for the exact procedure, and it can take a while to coordinate with the external admins. Since it's id-related, perhaps it even belongs here? HTH. Ryan W (living fossil) 07:19, 10 June 2020 (CDT)
- I did in fact but they didn't seem particularly interested at the time. --Quasar (talk) 23:30, 23 June 2020 (CDT)
What's the difference between article and page ?
Just a newbie question for someone who is totally new to this wiki system but still finds the system quite attractive and organized.
- According to the MediaWiki documentation:
- By default, a page is counted as an article when:
- it's in the main namespace (meaning its title doesn't have a prefix like "User:" or "Talk:"),
- it contains at least one internal wikilink (e.g. the text "Main Page" creates a wikilink to the page titled "Main Page"), and
- it isn't a redirect.
- So articles are your beefy "real" content generally speaking, whereas pages is just a raw number of content items, including such trivialities as templates, help, metadata, etc. --Quasar (talk) 23:28, 23 June 2020 (CDT)
"Related games" has companies in it, should we rename it to "Related games and companies"? -Lokbustam257 (talk) 06:47, 25 November 2021 (CST)
Why is the main page unprotected? It is a major traffic page that any user, even those not logged in, can edit at will. -- PanchamBro (talk • contributions) 17:16, 10 July 2022 (CDT)