Does anyone have some idea just what the damage potential of the Cleric's Flechette + Disc of Repulsion trick is? I've gibbed ettins just by hitting them with the repulsed cloud, so it must be pretty powerful. Draconio 02:16, 14 May 2005 (UTC)
Flechette in a doom wad
is it worth mentioning that the doomguy uses the fighter's flechette in a wad such as the Doom 3 mod for doom 2?
- US$0.02: Mentioning it in the article about the WAD is quite sufficient. If every "sample" in a PWAD had to be cross-referenced in the main gameplay articles as well, the latter would eventually become unwieldy (especially with something like a texture pack which is used thousands of times).
- Obviously there is not universal agreement on this philosophy since port information keeps popping up in the gameplay articles. Ryan W 22:48, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
What's with the fixation on accenting "flechette" on this wiki, anyway? It's not accented in the game, manual, or official strategy guide. -- ETTiNGRiNDER (talk) 07:40, 18 November 2016 (CST)
- No idea, it was applied eons ago and I can't find any discussion about it. I don't particularly mind the accent one way or another, just that the word is spelled consistently. --Xymph (talk) 07:37, 19 November 2016 (CST)
- If it's not accented in the game or manual, then no, don't do it here.
- It's hard to imagine discussion at this level of detail in 2005. :> I think we subconsciously favored the most likely word choices that a newbie might see (the offhanded language of WAD readmes, forums, Angelcities). Systematically matching primary material came later  , which I opposed at the time, but now I'm convinced it helps in the bigger picture. Ryan W (usually gone) 22:58, 21 November 2016 (CST)