Talk:Heavy weapon dude
I don't understand why the term "African-American" is necessary or relevant here. I mean, his eye sockets look kind of narrow too — does that make him Mongolian or Burmese? And who knows what happened to him while he was being raised from the dead (there is another fellow with green hair, after all). It seems to me that "dark-skinned" is descriptive and "African-American" is an extrapolation. Ryan W 16:14, 20 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- I'm with you on this. I hate the term "African American". In this case we don't even know that he is American. Fraggle 18:24, 20 Oct 2005 (UTC)
- *L* Indeed...
RIKER I know this is all very confusing to you so I'll attempt to explain. First -- you are on the starship -- USS Enterprise. RALPH American? RIKER No -- we are a vessel of the United Federation of Planets. Earth is a member.
- Ryan W 19:20, 20 Oct 2005 (UTC)
Actually the Chaingunner and the Cyberdemon are the only two monsters in Doom to practice circle-strafing. Instead of shooting constantly, they will try to move behind you when fighting, even if you stay perfectly still. They'll shoot a "clip" (20 shots for Chaingunner, 3 for Cyberdemon), than move to their right two steps. This will continue until they are right behind you. They will stay there until they take damage or you rotate. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Drake Raider (talk • contribs) .
- I tested this, but it doesn't seem to occur. Ryan W 02:10, 2 January 2008 (UTC)
"and has a rate of fire that is also a bit lower". Yes, because as we all know 525 rpm is greater than 575 rpm. Problem is, I can't see how the Chaingunner could fire at 575 rpm. Even without doing the math, it seems obvious from Dehacked that the Chaingunner fires more slowly. C_PosAttack takes just as many tics as FireCGun, they both appear twice, and then after that both have their refires. Only difference is, the chaingunner's refire takes 1 tic, whereas the player's chaingun refire takes 0. By my calculations, the chaingunner's fire rate should be 467 rpm (9/35 sec per 2 shots). What gives? There seem to be quite a few pieces of info on this wiki that just don't make sense. --Reaper with no name 03:53, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
- Sure there are. It's a wiki after all.   We can only hope that when deductive arguments involving math/code/playtesting (such as the one you just made) say one thing, and random unexplained edits say another, people will be persuaded to revise the article according to the former. Sooner or later.
- US$0.02: My limited knowledge of DeHackEd supports your reasoning (frames 52-54 for the player's chaingun firing, frames 417-419 for the chaingunner's attack). Ryan W 23:19, 10 January 2009 (UTC)