Seems obvious (though I've said that before...), especially in light of our "original research" policy. If radius had a very narrow scope in mind when he created Controls, and if other editors (who actually participate in these threads when they recur at Doomworld) support that, fine, but that would be news to me.
- Merge. Ryan W 19:42, 27 September 2007 (UTC)
- I disagree. IMO the Controls article should concentrate on the very basic controls, whereas this "strafeturning" thing is obviously more of a curiosity/advanced tactic which doesn't have all that much to do with the basic controls. Of course links to articles about advanced controls/movement tactics such as this should be added to the Controls article.
- Oh, and the article itself needs some major style tweaks BTW. -- Janizdreg 20:33, 27 September 2007 (UTC)
- I don't see what relevance this article really has. Yeah, if you turn and strafe at the same time you'll move in a circle. If you press forward and turn right you'll move in a circle as well. This is just circlestrafing done with the keyboard.
- Unless it can be improved to better explain what its purpose is, and given the poor style of the article, I'd argue for just deleting it. Fraggle 08:05, 28 September 2007 (UTC)
- Personally I try to avoid VfDing things just because they use the first person singular. My reasoning was this: I suspect that the use of controls is an individual experience more often than not, which therefore could produce any number of such anecdotal articles without actually adding encyclopedic information. I defer, however, to those of longer standing within the community (like you, Fraggle) as to how often and how strikingly controls-related issues have in fact arisen, and therefore what our best solution is. Certainly a tactical article might be separated from the technical article as you suggest (we do not have enough tactical articles!). Ryan W 20:01, 28 September 2007 (UTC)
- After reading the article more thoroughly, I agree with Fraggle. In its current form it is pointless and devoid of meaningful content. Delete. -- Janizdreg 22:11, 28 September 2007 (UTC)