Talk:Mars City Underground: Union Aerospace Subsystems/Walkthrough
Quasar, absolutely impressive job on this walkthrough! I wanted to do similar ones myself for every level, but I'm just not good enough at describing stuff. I have a few things to discuss about it, though.
1) It seems that your walkthrough doesn't take skill levels in account. For example, here you write:
But that shotgun Z-sec appears only on Veteran (and Nightmare). There are also a few other subtle monster changes, which can be seen in the tables I did.
2) I don't know if you aimed to describe all secret spots in your walkthrough (you did describe some), but you missed at least a few. I'm not sure if you even need to describe any of them at all, because I already did all of them on the main page.
- I followed the Woopzilla walkthrough video that's linked on the page as a reference, since my memory isn't that great, and then added in things I know about that (s)he didn't grab. Feel free to amend with more details, though as far as skill levels go, it'd probably be best to state that the walkthrough is for Veteran since otherwise, describing skill level differences in detail may detract from the flow. Though, feel free to prove me wrong in that regard - if it can be done reasonably, I'm OK with such details. --Quasar (talk) 08:31, 3 February 2019 (CST)
- As for the skill levels, I agree, better just write that it's for Veteran. As for the secrets, I don't know... Ideally, I'd either remove all secrets from the walkthrough because they're already described all in the secrets column, or I'd integrate all secrets into the walkthrough and remove the secrets column as obsolete. However, describing all the locations of some very hidden items will probably be very flow-distrupting... --lil'devil (talk) 08:55, 3 February 2019 (CST)
- I'd prefer to keep it to natural flow, like it is now. If something requires too much text to describe finding it, or asks the player to go far out of the way, then that info is better simply listed in the level article and neglected here, with an understanding that any walkthrough is never the only way to play a game. --Quasar (talk) 10:24, 3 February 2019 (CST)