Talk:Masters of Chaos
Custom thing table
As noted in the article, this map pack adds a number of decorations, monsters and weapons via DECORATE. Most if not all of them are taken from Realm 667, apparently without modification so some names will need to be altered.
A number of monsters and the Disc of Repulsion are imported from Hexen, but they are spawned using scripts and map spots so cannot be listed in thing tables directly.
(WandOfEmbersHefty is an ammo item that inherits from WandOfEmbersAmmo but doesn't have its own editor number.)
|Actor name||Editor number||Health||Message|
|invisiblewarrior||3003||800||"%o was violated by a invisible warrior."|
|Vampire||3004||450||"A Vampire drained all of %o's life."|
|Butcher||3528||350||"%o was mashed by a Butcher"|
|Roach||3998||150||"%o was scalded by a Roach"|
|KnightArcher||3999||150||"%o was blazed by a Knight Archer."|
|BloodScepter||5473||"You got the Blood Scepter!"|
|InfernoDemon||12345||13000||"%o was sent to burn in the fires of hell for an eternity."|
|WandOfEmbers||23105||"Wand of Embers"|
|JadeWand||23126||"You've found the Jade Wand!"|
|KDiZDNightmare||26000||100||"%o was tormented by a nightmare."|
|Bormereth||26001||1200||"%o was incinerated by the rage of Bormereth."|
|Guardian||30102||80||"%o got fried by a Guardian Cube."|
|DESentinel||30122||3800||"%o was blasted away by a sentinel."|
|ShadowBeast||30123||600||"%o was killed by a shadow beast."|
- Yes it is, because I'm backburnering map article creation for WADs with many custom things until such mapping tables become available. The backlog of WADs with no or incomplete thing tables is already large enough.
- But the list would be even more useful if you could group it into classes and use the thing names from the description lists. Ordering monsters by hit points and weapons/ammo by slot, in .tsv format like this, would be the cherry on the cake. :) Thanks. --Xymph (talk) 15:15, 18 February 2021 (CST)
- A tsv table will take more time, but for the moment I can sort these items by class (I haven't included the decorations as those don't appear in your DMMPST tables, but it wouldn't be hard to add them as miscellaneous items. The map spot is included because it's used for actor spawning.) Gauss (talk) 17:32, 18 February 2021 (CST)
# class thing wikiname wikilink 0 30102 Guardian Cube Masters of Chaos#Monsters 0 26000 Nightmare Masters of Chaos#Monsters 0 3998 Roach Masters of Chaos#Monsters 0 3999 Knight Archer Masters of Chaos#Monsters 0 3528 Butcher Masters of Chaos#Monsters 0 3004 Vampire Masters of Chaos#Monsters 0 30123 Shadow Beast Masters of Chaos#Monsters 0 3003 Invisible Warrior Masters of Chaos#Monsters 0 26001 Bormereth Masters of Chaos#Monsters 0 30122 Sentinel Masters of Chaos#Monsters 0 12345 Voltrog Masters of Chaos#Monsters 2 23105 Wand of Embers Masters of Chaos#Weapons 2 23126 Jade Wand Masters of Chaos#Weapons 2 23102 Frost Fang Masters of Chaos#Weapons 2 5473 Blood Scepter Masters of Chaos#Weapons 2 23100 Skull Staff Masters of Chaos#Weapons 3 23106 Ember Ruby Masters of Chaos#Weapons 3 23101 Skull Staff Charge Masters of Chaos#Weapons 7 9001 Map Spot zdoom:Classes:MapSpot
- I wouldn't call 26 minutes a particular noteworthy measure of "more time", especially not when I'm sleeping (when you updated) or busy IRL (most of today). :-) Obstacles/decorations rarely have playability value so are normally omitted, with exceptions (like teleport glitter, fog and burnable trees) indeed grouped under Miscellaneous. Most if not all (G)ZDoom maps have map spots, but it is used for a wide variety of effects with "pretty much nothing unique to it" by itself (per ZDoom wiki), so it has always been omitted as well. If it should have been listed, it'd be built into DMMPST's internal things table already.
- Thanks much for the tsv list. --Xymph (talk) 16:41, 19 February 2021 (CST)
- In my defence, I hadn't done one before and didn't know if it needed any special handling. And yes, you're right about the map spots. Now all I need to do is write up thirty walkthroughs and test them all, which will absolutely require more than 26 minutes. Gauss (talk) 16:53, 19 February 2021 (CST)