Talk:Player corpses walking
This article is currently a bit vague. :> Watching the indicated demos, however, suggests to me that at least four phenomena could potentially be discussed:
- A dead marine's "line of sight" continues to point at the monster who killed him, even if that monster continues to move around for an indefinite period.
- A player Thing can have some mass and momentum even after dying, and thus can continue to influence events on the map (as in Killough's REVENGE.LMP).
- A player can become "undead" due to the presence of voodoo dolls (this is mentioned in Voodoo doll, although not in enough detail to cover every situation Killough demonstrates).
- A truly weird deathmatch bug (the "running body" demos here) can cause the player Thing to actually become a corpse and move around at floor height. The linked article by Colin Phipps, and the response to the bug report I posted at sourceforge.net, suggest that this is a pathological situation because it requires the map to be incompetently designed. (On the other hand, we do have articles about HOM and the tutti-frutti effect.)
So, which of these items need their own articles? Ryan W 02:47, 24 January 2006 (UTC)
Is this rare?
- Which case are you referring to? If you mean number 4, that's an important observation — can you make a demo on an OEM level? Ryan W 20:45, 27 January 2007 (UTC)