- I checked the PDF, there are no instructions against reposting the information inside, either in whole or in part, and I included a link back to where it can be obtained in full for attribution reasons, where portions of said manual are cited on the mod page itself, with more indepth technical details in the PDF (which the page refers to for more information), the mod page also has no prohibitions on the republishing of portions of the mod manual. Arcane (talk) 04:58, 27 April 2016 (CDT)
- Copyright operates on the "all rights reserved" principle by default. So stuff isn't okay to copy unless there's an angry note saying not to; stuff is forbidden to copy unless permission is explicitly granted. That's why you've got a license note at the bottom of every page on this wiki, as well as a notice just above the "save" button when you edit a page here. --Gez (talk) 07:59, 27 April 2016 (CDT)
- I'm aware. I even looked around for a copyright notice of any sort, there is none whatsoever. I also looked for a means to contact the author just to make sure in advance, could find absolutely nothing. If it's still an issue, I don't mind if the page is deleted just to be safe. Arcane (talk) 17:37, 27 April 2016 (CDT)
- Thanks for responding. The best way to continue will probably be for us to get the author to sign-off on the manual being license-compatible with this wiki, if we can figure out how to contact them! -- Jdowland (talk) 12:09, 3 May 2016 (CDT)
- Sounds good. I've already been rewriting some of the article in own words format like Quasar suggested, will try to continue to avoid this type of issue from now on. Arcane (talk) 21:32, 5 May 2016 (CDT)
Was the MG 42 taken out for the Brutality version?