Talk:Sean's Doom Info
Could this be considered spam?
Does the Doom Wiki have an "external links" page anywhere?
- The answer to the second question is no. Every "important" web site is supposed to have its own article. Category:Websites contains the articles that have been started so far, and includes some other wikis as you can see. Currently we don't have clear-cut criteria for deciding which sites should be documented (this is something that was discussed a while ago, but I don't think anybody reads it before adding new articles), so this page isn't necessarily spam. It certainly looks more like a user profile than part of the encyclopedia, however. The site in question has only existed for about a week, so I also wonder how prominent it could be within the Doom community at large. Ryan W 11:33, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
I copied the content from this page to Yoshielectronfan761's user page, and now I'm nominating this article for deletion. My rationale for the deletion is:
- It is pretty obvious that the user's own wiki cannot be considered notable by any means of measurement at this point - it doesn't even have any content yet.
- The user's WAD project is in-progress, and we only document released projects.
- The user's YouTube videos have very few views, and I wouldn't therefore consider the YouTube account notable enough for its own article. If we are going to link to it on this wiki outside Yoshielectronfan761's user page, Fan-made Doom movies is probably the correct medium (although I don't really see a reason for that either).
So overall, a strong delete vote from me. -- Janizdreg 03:40, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
- Delete based on the first point. It has been argued that unreleased WADs could have articles if the Doom community already considers them important (KDiZD, Action Doom 2). Unless there's some way to document this for a web site, however, independent of the WADs it contains, how can it be notable if it's blank? Ryan W 00:36, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
- Delete, Delete, Delete. (yes, 3 times) Nuxius 09:21, June 18, 2010 (UTC)