Talk:The Plutonia Experiment
who had contributed four levels each to TNT: Evilution This contradicts the Evilution article, which credits two and a half levels to Dario and one to Milo. In creating stub articles for the two brothers, I have followed the latter version as it is much better sourced. Ryan W 20:59, 24 May 2007 (UTC)
Where are all the screenshots I posted for Plutonia? Still in the wiki, but not in the articles. Should I bring them back? Ducon 17:39, July 26, 2010 (UTC)
- MAP01:_Congo_(The_Plutonia_Experiment)#screenshots ??? Nuxius 23:08, July 26, 2010 (UTC)
- I don’t see them, I just can see the titles. Is it a bug? Ducon 07:00, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
- They look fine to me (Windows XP SP3, Firefox 3.6). Ryan W 16:54, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Ditto. I've tried both of my computers and my laptop, and the thumbnails show up fine on all of them.
- Out of curiosity, does this link work for you, Ducon? <link to old wiki redacted> Nuxius 22:27, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
- I suspect a theme bug. I still use the classic theme (the very old one), and you? I only see the screenshot in the main page, but none of the screenshots in the map pages. Ducon 05:56, July 28, 2010 (UTC)
- I think that the gallery tag bugs in the old Standard theme. I can only see the titles, but no image. Ducon 15:05, July 29, 2010 (UTC)
- I opened the page while using MonoBook (which I assume you mean by "old Standard theme") and the screenshots were shown. Have you in turn tried opening the pages using the current default skin? -- Janizdreg 23:58, July 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, it does indeed bug with that skin (which I didn't even know existed before you pointed it out) for me as well. I'm rather sure the skin is officially unsupported by Wikia though, so it's unlikely this will ever be fixed at this point. I would recommend switching to one of the newer skins, which are actually pretty handy especially in terms of usability and shortcuts, which at least for me makes up for the slight difference in speed. -- Janizdreg 10:36, July 31, 2010 (UTC)
Genuine level design credits
At the moment, the wiki offers two different information about the level design shares of the Casali brothers. According to Dario's interview, both men created 16 levels, but the category pages of the two designers claim that Dario designed 14 and Milo 18. The Plutonia Experiment currently reflects the interview's information while the level articles rely on the 14/18 information. The map pages were altered by GhostlyDeath back in May 2012.
Now, I tried a Doomworld forums search but couldn't come across anything else than this that actually is only a speculation thread. Does anyone know if the source GhostlyDeath used is available somewhere at Doomworld so that it could be linked to from the article? I thought of adding the following phrases to The Plutonia Experiment:
According to an interview with Dario Casali, both he and his brother created 16 of the levels. However, another source disputes the information and states that Milo designed 18 levels and Dario 14.
But, if there are people who have better knowledge about the topic, there's no sense in creating such a revision. --Jartapran 20:28, 3 March 2013 (UTC)
- GhostlyDeath mentioned getting the list from Dario in this thread (ignore T-Rex's speculative post again), but note that he never posted the list there, just that he had it, before making the updates here. --Dragonsbrethren 00:25, 5 March 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks. In that case, I think it's sufficient to link to the thread. --Jartapran 00:39, 5 March 2013 (UTC)
1995 or 1996?
In his famous interview Dario Casali states that The Plutonia Experiment was ready and has been sent to ID Software in January 1995. This wiki page says it was January 1996. Which date is correct? --Comrade Kirov (talk) 23:50, 15 March 2017 (CDT)