The Lost Levels
Taking place an indeterminate amount of time after the Doom marine slayed the Mother Demon in the original campaign, the beginning of the episode finds the marine stranded outside of Hell with none of his weaponry on a distant vacated UAC base on the surface of Sedna. This occurred through the powers of the Mother Demon's sister, known as the Sister Resurrector, who hoped to stop his campaign against Hell by sending him away.
- MAP34: Plant Ops
- MAP35: Evil Sacrifice
- MAP36: Cold Grounds
- MAP37: Wretched Vats
- MAP38: Thy Glory
- MAP39: Final Judgement (Sister Resurrector is boss)
One additional map is included as a "Fun" level accessible from the Features menu.
The Lost Levels can be accessed in a number of ways:
- Defeating the Mother Demon on MAP28: The Absolution in the normal campaign.
- Finishing MAP32: Hectic and then using the "Features" menu's level select option.
- Using any password for MAP01: Staging Area and then using the "Features" menu as above.
- Using a password to access MAP34 directly.
- On the PC version, using the command-line parameter -warp 34
- On the PC version, accessing the kexengine.cfg file in the game's saves directory (found under C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\Nightdive Studios\DOOM 64 by default) and adding or changing one of two lines in the file: seta g_unlockfeatures "1" or seta g_unlocklostlevels "1". The same commands can also be entered via the console while in-game, but may not take effect immediately depending on what portion of the game is currently active.
Once the episode has been unlocked via methods 1 or 6, it can subsequently be selected using "The Lost Levels" from the episode selection menu, which begins appearing when the g_unlocklostlevels variable is set to 1.
- The project was started by Kaiser as a 6-level WAD for Doom64 EX called "Merciless Extermination", before being dropped and later picked back up and integrated into the Doom 64 re-release.
- Kaiser had previously worked on another 6-level set, plus one bonus level, for Doom 64, in the form of the similarly named The Outcast Levels.
- Haley, James (3 July 2021). "Here's an unofficial title screen I made for Doom 64: The Lost Levels. The background is some NASA concept art of Sedna, where the first level takes place." Twitter. Retrieved 2 September 2021.
- Olsen, Mathew (9 March 2020). "Exclusive: Doom 64 Devs Reveal the Port Will Include a Brand New Chapter." USgamer (archived 🏛). Retrieved 31 July 2021.
- Kaiser (13 April 2012). . Doomworld forums. Retrieved 29 September 2023.
|Games in the Doom series|
|Classic Doom|| Doom • Doom II • Final Doom • Doom 64 |
Official ports: 3DO • Acorn RiscOS • Apple Macintosh • Atari Jaguar • Doom Classic Unity port • Game Boy Advance (Doom, Doom II) • iOS • Linux • NEC PC-9801 • NeXTSTEP • OS/2 • Pocket PC • QNX • SGI • Sega 32X • Sega Saturn • Solaris • Sony PlayStation (Doom, Final Doom) • Sony PlayStation 3 • Super NES • Tapwave Zodiac • WebTV Plus • Windows (WinDoom, Doom95) • Xbox • Xbox 360
|Doom 3|| Doom 3 • Doom 3: BFG Edition • Doom 3: VR Edition
Official ports: Doom 3 (2019 version)
Related: id Tech 4
|Doom (2016)|| Doom (2016) • Doom VFR • Doom Eternal|
|Mobile games||Doom RPG • Doom II RPG • Doom Resurrection • Mighty Doom|
|Canceled games||Doom Absolution • Doom 4 1.0|
|Tabletop||Doom: The Boardgame • Doom: The Board Game • Assault on Armaros Station|
|Related: Commercial games • Expanded universe • List of books • List of commercial compilations|