The World Spear
|Doom Eternal missions|
|The Ancient Gods, Part One|
|The Ancient Gods, Part Two|
The World Spear is the first level of The Ancient Gods, Part Two, the second expansion for Doom Eternal. The level is set on Argent D'Nur, near the tip of the World Spear, the cosmic crystal that pierced the planet ages ago. The Doom Slayer must collect a "Wraith's Crystal" from inside the Spear, as it is the only means of powering the Gate of Divum that will provide passage to Immora.
The World Spear, also known as the Cosmic Spear, struck the planet of Argent D'Nur millions of years ago with enough force to pierce it from pole to pole. Shortly thereafter the Wraiths emerged and spread across the world, their magic bleeding into the land and causing life to spring forth. Power continues to flow from the Spear, and rumors persist that some Wraiths still live inside it. The tip of the spear is surrounded by an enormous crater known as the Nether Lake, and its entrance is guarded by two silent spirit guardians known as Gatekeepers who only permit those found worthy - Argenta shamans and mighty warriors like the Slayer - to step inside the spear. All other visitors are cut down by the Gatekeepers' divine strength.
- Obtain a power source
- Light the Torch of Kings
- Cross the Nether Lake
Areas / screenshots
- The number and variety of monsters is greatly increased.
- Collectibles and Escalation Encounters are removed, along with the automap station.
- Additional hazards such as laser grids and fireball launchers are added throughout the level. A new type of laser beam is added to several arenas, which slows the player's movements if it makes contact.
- The Sentinel Hammer is available from the very start of the level, except in Classic Mode.
- The route through the level is different and involves using portals in mid-air. The final battle to obtain the Wraith's Crystal sees the player teleporting to several previously-explored areas.
- Ten challenges are introduced which require the player to complete the level at different difficulties, including Ultra-Nightmare. The "Classic Mode" introduced with the Super Gore Nest is retained here, where the player starts with an unmodified combat shotgun (plus all auxiliary weapons) and must collect more weapons and modifications as they progress. Each individual challenge has its own cosmetic item unlock, and completing all ten challenges unlocks a green chrome skin for the ballista.
- After completing the first combat encounter after receiving the Sentinel Hammer you will enter a water-filled passage. Daisy can be found in a hole in the brickwork on one of the walls.
- When you reach the Torch of Kings, do not approach it - instead, turn around and leap to the other side of the broken bridge. Sitting on a barrel here is a tiny impaled corpse from the original Doom.
- Upon reaching the end of the mission and unlocking Fast Travel, use it to back to the first checkpoint (Sentinel Mountain > Mountain Forest). A sword embedded in the ground with a "Use" prompt will have spawned behind your spawn point, next to a tree. Use the sword to trigger a secret encounter with five marauders at once.
|Levels from Doom Eternal|
|Single player:||Hell on Earth • Exultia • Cultist Base • Doom Hunter Base • Super Gore Nest • ARC Complex • Mars Core • Sentinel Prime • Taras Nabad • Nekravol • Nekravol - Part II • Urdak • Final Sin • Fortress of Doom|
|Multiplayer:||Armageddon • Celestial • Corrosion • Extraction • Forsaken • Penance • Torment • Tundra|
|Ancient Gods 1:||UAC Atlantica Facility • The Blood Swamps • The Holt • ARC Carrier|
|Ancient Gods 2:||The World Spear • Reclaimed Earth • Immora • The Dark Lord|